Need help with ideas

luiss

Participant
Hello all! I need some ideas here. I have a consulting business, I would like to know if anybody here have a consulting business and uses burning board (or any forum) as part of the business. I just can't figure it out how to implement forums for my customers.

Saludos!

zappaDPJ

Administrator
I think it very much depends on the nature of the business. I run forums which provide a support services aimed at reducing the need for telephone support i.e. an ISP having a service outage can provide instant, multi-user support via a forum which relieves the stress on their telephone support infrastructure in addition to providing out of hours support. As consultancies tend to revolve more around one to one customer contact I'd think forums maybe of limited use.

Perhaps you could use a forum to build a knowledge base centred on what your consultancy has to offer. Or maybe for pre-sales enquires and post-sales support? It's hard to make any real recommendations without knowing more about the nature of your consultancy.

luiss

Participant
I think it very much depends on the nature of the business. I run forums which provide a support services aimed at reducing the need for telephone support i.e. an ISP having a service outage can provide instant, multi-user support via a forum which relieves the stress on their telephone support infrastructure in addition to providing out of hours support. As consultancies tend to revolve more around one to one customer contact I'd think forums maybe of limited use.

Perhaps you could use a forum to build a knowledge base centred on what your consultancy has to offer. Or maybe for pre-sales enquires and post-sales support? It's hard to make any real recommendations without knowing more about the nature of your consultancy.
Thank you zappaDPJ It is about organic agriculture, I still don't know if it will be a good idea to let customers interact and see each others response since some of them might have things done different and public disclosure may not be a good idea.

zappaDPJ

Administrator
Thank you zappaDPJ It is about organic agriculture, I still don't know if it will be a good idea to let customers interact and see each others response since some of them might have things done different and public disclosure may not be a good idea.

Interesting niche and something I know absolutely nothing about! My instinct is a blog open to comments might be more appropriate but that's just a guess.

luiss

Participant
Interesting niche and something I know absolutely nothing about! My instinct is a blog open to comments might be more appropriate but that's just a guess.
Maybe, i will get my brain work harder to find out whay might work. Thank you zappaDPJ