Mybbcentral or mybbsource which one?

Connect2Devs

Adherent
This thread is strictly about the discussion of whether the plugins from MyBB Source or MyBB Central are better, NOT to be hijacked about whether or not commercial plugins are harming MyBB.

This is the thread for discussing commercial plugins.

Consider this the only warning that will be given. Any more hijacking of threads, whether it be this one, or any other similar to this, and the offending posters will be given infraction points.

Ryan Gordon

Ex-MyBB Lead Developer
Well all im saying when someone mentions that the other side doesn't respond. I still can't think why should anyone pay any addition to open source free software.

Sorry but what he says has EVERY BIT to do with this. Why the heck should someone come to MYBB and have to fork over 5 ( or more depending on needs ) for plugins when you can get the same including support at those others for free?

You ask why, I ask why not.

Why the heck should ANYONE wanna covert from vB or IPB when they can keep all of that which is already built in for the same price and or wanna convert from PHPB/SMF where it is all free?

Let's see. The low end of a IPB license is $149.99. MyBB? Free. Some of MyBB's plugins? A one time 5 dollar fee. How much do you save? $145.99 plus 25$ more every 6 months (since IPB's renewal fee is 25$)

The low end of a vB license is 100$ for a leased license. MyBB? Free. Some of MyBB's plugins? A one time 5 dollar fee. How much do you save? 95$? (Plus the renewal fee every year that vB would make you pay)

Do the math. It's much cheaper to go to MyBB and find a professional paid plugin community then it would be to go to IPB or vB where the professional paid plugins can cost upwards of $50 dollars or more each. You don't even have a professional paid plugin community at SMF or phpBB, which to me is an aspect that many using those software are missing out on. Even the Open Source community is for paid plugins.

HarryWx

IPB 3.0+ User
You ask why, I ask why not.

Let's see. The low end of a IPB license is $149.99. MyBB? Free. Some of MyBB's plugins? A one time 5 dollar fee. How much do you save? $145.99 plus 25$ more every 6 months (since IPB's renewal fee is 25$)

The low end of a vB license is 100$ for a leased license. MyBB? Free. Some of MyBB's plugins? A one time 5 dollar fee. How much do you save? 95$? (Plus the renewal fee every year that vB would make you pay)

Do the math. It's much cheaper to go to MyBB and find a professional paid plugin community then it would be to go to IPB or vB where the professional paid plugins can cost upwards of $50 dollars or more each. You don't even have a professional paid plugin community at SMF or phpBB, which to me is an aspect that many using those software are missing out on. Even the Open Source community is for paid plugins.

Sorry for replying again but i need to correct this.

Read my post again. CONVERTERS.. Those who convert which means they ALREADY paid that for the license unless they got it back when it was cheaper. In the end they pay 50 bucks a year to keep the license active atleast in the case of IPB. So again tell me why they will wanna shell out money for plugins which is at the same cost of keeping their CURRENT licenses at the other software which already includes these features and then having to keep track of each and every paid plugin developer?

And how are they missing out at the others if the feature is already there and free? Sorry but that makes zero sense.

Last edited:

chonghua

Aspirant
how can we pay if myself doesnt have a credit card? is there other solution to get a subscription then?