MyBB under HHVM

Tracy Perry

Opinionated asshat
Seems to play OK.
I've set up a test Debian VPS using nginx and HHVM. So far, everything appears to be working fine. I haven't done a lot of playing with it yet, but it appears to be a little faster than the setup on my larger VPS I have. Of course, this one only has 2 areas set up and no add-ons and default style.

Tracy Perry

Opinionated asshat
http://test2.servinglinux.com
It's sitting on a 1 core 1GB VPS with 25GB space.
Percona 5.6
HHVM-3.4.2-0
nginx 1.7.9 mainline HTTP server

Eventually I'll reduce the memory down by different amounts to see how it scales.

GTB

Tazmanian
Works if you remove the S like other said. So is this self hosted with you running on Linux

Tracy Perry

Opinionated asshat
Since it's a "play" setup, I've got a node opened up for public posting. Wonder how THAT will go. :p

Tracy Perry

Opinionated asshat
I'm real tempted to pull my DB from my other myBB site and move it over (in fact, just duplicate it) to compare the two.

GTB

Tazmanian
I'm real tempted to pull my DB from my other myBB site and move it over (in fact, just duplicate it) to compare the two.
I do that with wamp. Download live site and edit database and config etc to install it on that for testing mods with etc

Tracy Perry

Opinionated asshat
One thing I do know... trying to install a test site of XenForo on it will KILL the HHVM process.

Tracy Perry

Opinionated asshat
I do that with wamp. Download live site and edit database and config etc to install it on that for testing mods with etc
That's the benefit of having your own dedi on the net. I can burn out a VPS to test in nothing flat. In fact, I've got a few containers that I made that I can install with nginx/php5-fpm already configured. All I got to do is tell it a domain and the admin password and IP and I'm good to go.

Tracy Perry

Opinionated asshat
Just pulled the Dark Skies forum over to it and installed it - not a whole bunch of content, but you can compare the two at
http://test2.servinglinux.com
http://darkskywatch.com

The test site is set up to just require you to sign up - no email verifications and will have a public posting area in it.
The Dark Sky Watch one will also for a short period of time to compare the posting speed of the two.

euantor

MyBB Lead Developer
Interesting. I haven't had time to play much with HHVM yet. It seems to be loading pretty quickly, and I assume you haven't done any of the usual optimisations (e.g.: disable forum jump, using a different caching mechanism (DB caching sucks, but is default as it's the most supported)).

Tracy Perry

Opinionated asshat
Works if you remove the S like other said. So is this self hosted with you running on Linux
I guess you could say that. I have a dedicated server from Quadranet that allows me to create lots (well 252 max then i need more IPs) of VPS's.