MyBB Twitter & Staff Account Hacked.

BrandonSheley

loving life
Twitter probably doesn't even know that MyBB exists. Maybe, you were just lucky?
Twitter is smarter then you think ;)

I edited my post above is the team hasn't followed through yet.
Twitter is big, they will get back to you if you contact them.

Azareal

The AtomBB Overlord
Twitter is smarter then you think ;)

I edited my post above is the team hasn't followed through yet.
Twitter is big, they will get back to you if you contact them.
They contacted Twitter from the sounds of it, and it's been a week.
This isn't "taking a few days". I'd give it two weeks. If Twitter doesn't respond by that date then, the account is probably gone.

Azareal

The AtomBB Overlord
I hope they don't give up that easy..
Leaving things in limbo for a few months or however long it takes isn't great either, especially the situation with the "blog sidebar" where it's pointed at a hijacked account.

euantor

MyBB Lead Developer
http://blog.mybb.com/
You might want to remove the Twitter Feed from the sidebar. It doesn't look very.. Professional.

View attachment 32303
Agreed. I'll raise it internally.

I'm sure if a simple person like myself can gain access to my compromised twitter account, a well known forum developer should be able to get access to their account if they contacted them on the first day like I suggested when I first read this thread. :)

https://support.twitter.com/articles/185703-my-account-is-compromised-hacked-and-i-can-t-log-in#

https://support.twitter.com/forms/signin
We did. Within an hour of us being alerted to the hack, we had contacted Twitter. They responded late last night/early this morning (or that's when Tim alerted us to the fact he had received a response at least), asking for the original email address. We have now provided that to them.

euantor

MyBB Lead Developer
Just found out Chris has contacts who are ex-Twitter employees and he's had the issue escalated :) Should hopefully be regaining access soon.

Azareal

The AtomBB Overlord
We did. Within an hour of us being alerted to the hack, we had contacted Twitter. They responded late last night/early this morning (or that's when Tim alerted us to the fact he had received a response at least), asking for the original email address. We have now provided that to them.
Hopefully, it won't take another week for them to fix the situation. Well, it's good that Twitter is finally making a move.

euantor

MyBB Lead Developer
Hopefully, it won't take another week for them to fix the situation. Well, it's good that Twitter is finally making a move.
Shouldn't be, if Chris's contacts have some pull (see my ninja post above ;)).

BrandonSheley

loving life
They responded late last night/early this morning (or that's when Tim alerted us to the fact he had received a response at least), asking for the original email address. We have now provided that to them.
Nice, it shouldn't be much longer then. :)
I had access the next day if I remember right, or it might have been two.

saadhana

Aspirant
finally, it looks like MyBB team gained the access back (tweet)
#MyBB followers, the team have regained access & we apologize for
any posts that were made during the hijacking of this account. ^PH

Azareal

The AtomBB Overlord
There don't seem to be any blog posts on MyBB.com about this incident.
Details on what happened would be nice.

euantor

MyBB Lead Developer
There don't seem to be any blog posts on MyBB.com about this incident.
Details on what happened would be nice.
Seems like an oversight. I've mentioned it internally, as it's up to the community team to handle blog posts. Thanks for alerting me.

euantor

MyBB Lead Developer
The staff member who had their account compromised is currently having a few personal issues unrelated to this matter. He's currently taking a short break from active involvement.

Danielx64

Developer
The staff member who had their account compromised is currently having a few personal issues unrelated to this matter. He's currently taking a short break from active involvement.
Thank-you for the heads up, a rather sad coincidence if you ask me :(

Azareal

The AtomBB Overlord
Seems like an oversight. I've mentioned it internally, as it's up to the community team to handle blog posts. Thanks for alerting me.
It's good that it's an oversight, and not some sort of PR move (considering the number of scandals around MyBB lately, that was one possibility which was going through my mind). Another thing which would be a good blog post would be one on MyBB 2.0, which was only really mentioned on Twitter and.. On TAZ.

A quick skim over MyBB's Forums doesn't bring any topics about the screenshots either, I might have missed something though.

euantor

MyBB Lead Developer
It's good that it's an oversight, and not some sort of PR move (considering the number of scandals around MyBB lately, that was one possibility which was going through my mind). Another thing which would be a good blog post would be one on MyBB 2.0, which was only really mentioned on Twitter and.. On TAZ.

A quick skim over MyBB's Forums doesn't bring any topics about the screenshots either, I might have missed something though.
A post is apparently lying as a draft waiting to go out once it's been read over and confirmed.

Regarding the screenshots, there will be a full blog post once there's more to confirm and there is enough detail to actually warrant blog post. otherwise, we'd be busier blogging that developing. For now, we're trying to keep 2.0 development to this thread: http://community.mybb.com/thread-99746.html