MyBB Twitter & Staff Account Hacked.

euantor

MyBB Lead Developer
I would recommend LastPass. You can share the login among other LastPass users while allowing it to be secure, and not needing it to be stored anywhere at any point in time. This also applies to other things where a joint-account needs to be used.
Cheers Ryan, I'll mention it and we can look into it.

Azareal

The AtomBB Overlord
The Twitter account seems to have gone quiet. Maybe, the culprit has gone to sleep?
They were picking a number of fights on Twitter before.

euantor

MyBB Lead Developer
The Twitter account seems to have gone quiet. Maybe, the culprit has gone to sleep?
They were picking a number of fights on Twitter before.
Yeah, they seem to tweet a few, then delete them and go quiet for a while, then rinse and repeat. I'm not quite sure why exactly...

Daniel Hood

XenForo Add-On Developer
Yeah, the problem is that @Mybb_Brandon could come along, slap a MyBB logo on as an avatar and start playing the part, and people would think they were an official team member...

We do need to think of a solution, we'll be looking into it as soon as we have control back.
Could write a script that uses twitter's api to post.

euantor

MyBB Lead Developer
Could write a script that uses twitter's api to post.
That's one of the solutions I was thinking of actually ;) I'm considering writing a plugin to allow reading mentions, DMs etc and sending tweets via Mod CP, all done via OAuth configured by the admin. I just need the time to do so, and other projects currently have priority.

R44

Asperger's Network? Absolutely.
That's one of the solutions I was thinking of actually ;) I'm considering writing a plugin to allow reading mentions, DMs etc and sending tweets via Mod CP, all done via OAuth configured by the admin. I just need the time to do so, and other projects currently have priority.
Your hacker gained access to that part of the site. So how is that more secure than now?

Daniel Hood

XenForo Add-On Developer
Your hacker gained access to that part of the site. So how is that more secure than now?
They'd be able to tweet but MyBB would be able to shut that down quickly. They wouldn't lose the account.

Azareal

The AtomBB Overlord
It's been almost a full day since the last tweet. Did they get bored?

euantor

MyBB Lead Developer
It's been almost a full day since the last tweet. Did they get bored?
No idea. I don't think we've had a response back from Twitter yet either, unless it's come in while Chris is away.

Azareal

The AtomBB Overlord
Day Three. The culprit has been quiet for quite a while, although MyBB still hasn't reclaimed control over the account yet, from the looks of it.

euantor

MyBB Lead Developer
Nope, still no response from Twitter at all. 3 team members (including Chris, the project manager/starter) have contacted them, with no reply whatsoever. I'm not particularly impressed.

Danielx64

Developer
Any news on this? Also I read that one of the staff account was banned, is that still the case?

euantor

MyBB Lead Developer
Any news on this? Also I read that one of the staff account was banned, is that still the case?
That is still the case. The staff member in question seems to have dropped off the face of the earth, he's banned on MyBB, and another forum he was an administrator of. We've contacted him via Skype, email and Facebook with no response, which is quite worrying.

Twitter are not responding to any communications that we send. We've tried tweeting them (Twitter) and emailing them, but have had no response at all. Very poor form on their part.