Mybb Hacked/Defaced

GamingCave

Participant
Well there goes Mybb
The hackers posted tweets saying leaked database coming, I advise changing all passwords if you have an account on Mybb

link
http://mybb.com

Mirror Link.
http://www.zone-h.org/mirror/id/17759734

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
Stupid fux0rers!
There's no excuse for such hacking BULLshizzle!

J.

Justin

*Insert witty title here*
I don't understand how they can publicly have twitter and do this. Their account wont be closed??

Judge Dredd

Old Guy
They are NOT hacked and defaced. Their DNS is poisoned. This simply means that their site for the time being, will redirect to ugnazi.ru.

LloydM

Adherent
They just Defaced it ... How is that making the site Hacked ??

rusty105

Habitué
No need for sarcasm. The reason is on their Twitter.

I don't support this.

Micro,
I read their twitter, apparently FBI seized their domains after WHMCS. I would distance myself from them as much as possible.

as far as ugn, they hacked the company that makes the forum software of a site they do not like? Innocent bystander again, Sounds like WHMCS all over again. Why not go after that board only? Wouldn't that be better for them?

They also posted personal information for some guy they don't and his family. real stand up guys.

Last edited:

Judge Dredd

Old Guy
Micro,
I read their twitter, apparently FBI seized their domains after WHMCS. I would distance myself from them as much as possible.

as far as ugn, they hacked the company that makes the forum software of a site they do not like? Innocent bystander again, Sounds like WHMCS all over again. Why not go after that board only? Wouldn't that be better for them?

They also posted personal information for some guy they don't and his family. real stand up guys.

Yeah I am not associated with them at all. I promise you that.

HF is a VERY high security site. There is no getting into it really. The owner, Jesse, is very good at what he does and a lot of his copy of MyBB is custom-written by him for the best security. He has mitigated a DDoS attack of 10GB.

Jesse's dox has been posted all over the place. He's got credit alerts for the next five years, he's been swatted and all that jazz. Trust me, this is not new for him.

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
Freedom of speech, unfortunately. At least that is my take on it.

Freedom of speech in which the bragger has bragged about a crime which on its face is foul? Interesting world. Yay freedoms..

josh0322

Participant
So if they leak the entire MyBB database, what's at risk here? I have a MyBB.com account...

PenguinPaul

MyBB Community Team
As a MyBB staff member, I will make this statement:

Our domains account at namecheap has been hacked (I'm not sure how) and our DNS has been poisoned to point to the hacker's website. This is due to the fact the forum hackforums.net uses the MyBB software. There is no reason to believe that our database or any confidential information has been compromised as the hackers have claimed. Our product manager, Chris Boulton, is working on the issue.

LeadCrow

Apocalypse Admin
One bit still needs an explanation: Why ?
HF using MyBB is hardly a logic one, and it couldnt be easily breached from callbacks to MyBB.com or similar.

Justin

*Insert witty title here*
hacker said:
---> Joshthegod > MrOsama > Cosmo > CyberZeist <---

"fux0r With The Best , Die Like The Rest"

Twitter.com/Ug
Twitter.com/Joshthegod
Twitter.com/Cosmothegod
Twitter.com/le4ky

==============================================================================

#UGNazi #Mybb #UGNaziwhmcs #Whmcs #fux0rskids #hack #joshthegod #UG #Cosmothegod #MrOsama #dox

==============================================================================

MyBB has a relatively low-risk security record. Personal information needs to be secure. If we can acces it, so can terrorists. The truth is buried under lies and false promises. We tried to bring the truth to light, and we were ignored.

We aksed you all before to open your eyes, have you done it? Have you seen that only you can keep yourself safe? Have you realized that only you are responsible for yourself? Have you opened your eyes to the fact that https:// does not mean that your information is safe? Or are you still being a sheep? Have you taken responsibility for believing lies?

We have, and will continue to cause destruction. Are you mad? We have given you warnings and shown you examples of what we can do. If these companies do not secure their sites properly, data will be leaked. It is as simple as that.

"hackforums.net" uses the forum software MyBB, We are tired of all the skids who claim they are hackers. As a personal note: we just don't like you, Jesse Labrocca.

For those who think that people shouldn't enter places unauthorized: remove your information. Your morals and legal jargon will not stop these things from happening. If you don't want people to have access to it, don't give them the opportunity. There is risk in every endeavor, you are all painfully unaware of the risk these databases hold. Don't despair, for we are watching, and will continue to be watching.

“There will always be something to ruin our lives, it all depends on what or which finds us first. We are always ripe and ready to be taken.” ~Charles Bukowski

- UGNazi

Don't know if this makes sense but this is what their twitter links to the explanation to MyBB.

By linking this, I in no way approve or support the actions taken by this group

pavemen

Adherent
Big men they are, being hackers themselves while whining about people claiming to be hackers on one site and going after the software creator.

Its the same stupid argument as guns kill people... people kill people, not guns, just like a forum software does not make a hacker. Would this group of useless humans hack vB if Jesse used that software?

Judge Dredd

Old Guy
Big men they are, being hackers themselves while whining about people claiming to be hackers on one site and going after the software creator.

Its the same stupid argument as guns kill people... people kill people, not guns, just like a forum software does not make a hacker. Would this group of useless humans hack vB if Jesse used that software?

Surely they'd try.

Judge Dredd

Old Guy
I saw something that Jesse posted on HF that said "We run FreeBSD too, are they next?"

LOL.

TheChiro

Devotee
These KIDS are the bottom suckers of a whale fish tank filled with whale shizzle. I really don't think they are hackers, they are likely just getting lucky with brute forces, social engineering, or using skiddy tactics like DDoS. I chuckle looking through some of their statuses they make and how stupid they really are.

They are not hackers. They are wannabe anonfags. Just report their twitter and if you happen to know an FBI agent (I have one on speed dial) report this behavior to them. If they've attacked you personally, then contact your local authorities to get a case going as well as IC3.gov to let the FBI know of the internet crimes these children are committing.

As for MyBB, I hope they look into NameCheap's live support or phone support to see if they talked to anyone about the account and allowed them to get in. Maybe these guys got lucky with a dox (and I mean real lucky) and there was information the dox they found that lead them to be able to fill out security questions. This is why I use a password manager and make the recovery questions random letters and symbols and save that into an encrypted folder if by chance my password is ever wrong in my pw manager.

Lucky lucky lil skids. I would be VERY shocked if they actually did get the database but if I was betting man, I'd put $100,000 on red and win. I wish I could be there the day karma came right back with a roundhouse kick right to the jaw. That would make my day...and probably make the next decade for me lol I wish people like this could be wiped off the face of the earth with a push of a button.

Last edited: