MyBB days are over ?

Dilip

Devotee
MyBB was famous once as they we more closer to vB 3.x which was very popular. But vB 3.x has reached it's end of life. So has MyBB as well. There is no news about 1.8 and 2.0 seems to come only by 2020. Share your thoughts.

AllanD

Habitué
I think they are bigger then most think, and 1.8 is in beta from what I read on the forums. I don't think they are as dead as phpbb and Smf.

Dilip

Devotee
I have an MyBB board. Been waiting for 1.8 since at least an year now. :(

Pete

Flavours of Forums Forever
At least SMF had a real shot of moving to its next version except for the management. Of more recent times though that ain't looking to happen.

Shawn G

Tazmanian Addict
I have not heard a lot about MyBB.

I don't mean to be offensive here but last time I checked, MyBB was being developed by a bunch of children lol or at least that was the majority of the staff members. MyBB to me always seems like a school project.

AllanD

Habitué
I agree Shawn, I got that impression as well when I go to the support forum.

Shawn G

Tazmanian Addict
Indeed.

I mean there was some on there that were helpful but a lot of them acted like they were about 13. It was hard to keep a conversation going with many of them :p

AllanD

Habitué
I had the same problem and I also noticed that they need a course in proper manners, Some of them are very rude.

Pete

Some people think I'm very rude too, though I'm not a teenager... I just don't have much patience for people that seem intent on wasting my time.

AllanD

Habitué
I never thought as you being rude, you just get to the point and don't sugar coat anything, and I respect that more then someone that tries to beat around bush.

Shawn G

Tazmanian Addict
Pete said:
Some people think I'm very rude too, though I'm not a teenager... I just don't have much patience for people that seem intent on wasting my time.
You ain't rude, you're Peter the Grouch :p

Your avatar needs a bigger beard and longer hair...

AllanD

Habitué
Do you see yourself as a grouch, or this cute adorable person on the inside.:p

Shawn G

Tazmanian Addict
I looked it up... all I could find is that he is a creature...

Pete

I see that everyone else sees me as a Grouch. Most of that is front, though.

AllanD

Habitué
I don't think we see you as a grouch, atleast I don't. Sometimes acting that way keeps the people away you don't want to bother with.