MyBB days are over ?

Pete

Flavours of Forums Forever
Eh, why not run it yourself on a localhost installation?

Dilip

Devotee
I can. But it will be a feature addition to AAF.

Pete

Why? On the contrary I think it could be a bad thing if there's a security vulnerability in it. By the same token I wouldn't encourage running SMF 2.1 yet on a public webserver unless it's properly isolated away from anything else.

Shawn G

Tazmanian Addict
Yeah I'm not to big on running demo sites. I essentially forget they are there, they never get updated and BOOM POW, my sites are hacked lol

AllanD

Habitué
I don't like mybb enough to even play around with 1.8 yet. I will wait to see it in action and go from there.

Shawn G

Tazmanian Addict
I'm sure I will try it out on localhost at some point. I'm going to wait a bit before tho, letem work some bugs out.

AllanD

Habitué
I was just bored and curious, from what I see it's not that big of a change from 1.6 at least looks wise.

Oldcrow

Enthusiast
I have one mybb forum, took awhile to grasp it..mybb support sucks to no end, takes forever to get an answer. So I go to the off sites for support..

Seriously thinking of changing it over to SMF..

Just did a 2.0.8 update for my other board..

Shawn G

Tazmanian Addict
2.0.8 is already out? Man SMF is kicking them out lately! :p

AllanD

Habitué
I think Ronald meant 2.0.7, and 2.1 is at best slow in production. I wish it would go faster and really it should to help SMF stay above the competition.

Oldcrow

Enthusiast
Allan said:
I think Ronald meant 2.0.7, and 2.1 is at best slow in production. I wish it would go faster and really it should to help SMF stay above the competition.
2.0.8 is out for Charter Members first..

AllanD

Habitué
Ah ok, I am working on opening a forum using SMF and it's 2.07 that I just installed the other day. So I ran to the site to see if there was an update. Easier to update with nothing in forum.

Pete

retry said:
I wish they gave some info about SMF 2.1, the new UI is great, bit soothing to browse through. But
https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1
seems pretty dead.
Pretty dead? There are changes every couple of days actually merged in. Not to mention the discussions actively going on in the forum. 2.1 is far from dead, but I see no evidence it's going to be rainbows and unicorns either.

Oldcrow

Enthusiast
Shawn said:
Have you seen MyBB's anti-spam features? CAPTCHA and Akismet as a plugin :p
Install Akismet and chance are it'll block your IP address you'll be locked out..

Oldcrow

Enthusiast
Allan said:
Ah ok, I am working on opening a forum using SMF and it's 2.07 that I just installed the other day. So I ran to the site to see if there was an update. Easier to update with nothing in forum.
If you don't have the update, I can send it to you.

Here it is..

Ron..

Attachments

AllanD

Habitué
Thank you Ronald, and Pete I agree there is alot of talk about 2.1. I just hope it's not talk I haven't been to github lately to see the progress.