mutilating your self. cool or just stupid ?

croft

world-trance admin
I have this friend hwo likes to pierce him self in all places you can think of.
Now i just saw him 2 days agoo and he had done this wierd thing.
He actually split his tounge.
He is like a snake in his mouth.
He says his girlfriend likes it tho LOL.

What do you think cool or just stupid ?

I told him he was totaly nuts but that just me tho.

Anonymous

Habitué
If the health issues involved aren't enough to stop you, then I'd say it's plain stupid. Pierced tounges are the worst, they cause your teeth to crack and eventually fall out. Cool at 20 and toothless at 30...yeah, real cool.

Kathy

Tazmanian Veteran
Stupid and in my line of work, an indicator of mental illness. :banghead:

Ksilebo

Spork Fiend
A sign that you just need somehting more fulfilling with your life.

wizard1974uk

Tazmanian Gremlin
Aren't we missing something here?

croft isn't doing this himself, all he was saying is that his friend is doing it and he has told his friend he was nuts.

Kathy

Tazmanian Veteran
I answered: stupid. I understood he was talking about his friend and was answering his question: Stupid or Cool?

;)

Ogden2k

That's gross. I don't like anything unless it's the ears peirced. Someday they will regret it, but you can't tell young people that (teens). I know, I went through stages like that, although I didn't actually go through with the ideas, thankfully.

jilly

Fan
back in the day....

I was one of the 'tough chicks' in high school, because I had my ears pierced TWICE! *gasp*! TWO holes in my ears... (LOL) Yeah, I am showing my age here :)

I know people do choose to change how they look all the time, and when people change towards a look that is considered standard beauty, that is accepted and fine - like plastic surgery to make yourself more 'attractive'. SO why should we be judgemental about someone who wants to change themselves in the opposite way, to be less like the 'standard' of beauty? Wouldn't this be an okay protest towards the 'establishment', a way of rejecting all the emphasis put on appearance by our society?

I guess we shouldn't be judgemental - but something in that idea feels wrong to me, like the person is rebelling, but rebelling in a way that is unhealthy - like a self mutilation = so in response to your question, to me it would not be 'cool' - I would pick 'stupid' - but even more than stupid, I would lean towards a mental health issue, like Kathy mentioned - self mutilation to rebel, but in an unhealthy way.. Plus altering your body like that is permanent, unless you;ve got the cash for plsatic surgery to reconstruct it...

padmaster

Enthusiast
stupid.

One set of peircings on a female are acceptable.....maybe two. I don't like peircings on males. Heck, I don't even wear any kind of jewelry other than a watch. Thought about dying my grey hair (inherited early in life) but decided not to. If someone doesn't like me because I have grey hair, I don't think I would like them either.

Ogden2k

I'm not being judgemental, but if you think about it, 10+ years from the time this kid does this to his tounge, he's going to think, "What was I thinking?". Just like a guy at my previous job, he had huge gaps in his ear lobs from ear rings.

Oh well, it's their bodies, but you know one day they will regret it.:cookoo:

croft

world-trance admin
well myself im a tatoo guy =).
Not to the extream extent tho. I only have one. Its a nice viking on my arm.
It looks good im happy with it. I have never regretted it either.
What do you think about tatoos. Is that alsoo mutilations or can tatoos be in some way erotic ?
Just throwing out the questions here =) Have nothing to do tonight.

Im working on a new project and i just got to think of it. 'I have a tatoo i have mutilated my self, Or have i ?'
So i better ask.

And by the way. I have not mutilated my self thats what i think. I love it never looked back wondering if i should have not done it or if i should have picked another motive. But i got to tell you. If i se another guy with a tatooed band around his arm im gonna throw up. Its like having a porche. Its said to be a hot care but its just an ordinary car to many people have it. So why not pick something others dont have like a mclaren f1 =).
I drow this viking myself so im sure NOBODY has this tatoo.