Must Have Mods for MyBB - all versions apply!

Joshuad

Developer
There any decent ad manager mods for free out there? I tried looking on mybb.com but with no luck. If not I don't see it as being too difficult to write one myself.

SomeBoy

Participant
There any decent ad manager mods for free out there? I tried looking on mybb.com but with no luck. If not I don't see it as being too difficult to write one myself.
You can download My Ads Manager from MyBBCentral.com, but requires subscribetion. The mod database has an ads rotator plug-in, but LaBrocca's plugin is way better.
You can find many useful plug-ins at MyBBSource.com, they are free.

AJS

MyBB Support Tech'

I just edit templates to place ads as I want them.

What does and Ad Manager actually do?

pavemen

Adherent
that is a very out of date list. many are built into MyBB 1.6 or no longer maintained.

My must haves are:

MyBBPublisher:
Send new thread subjects to Facebook or Twitter

MyShowcase System:
Build 'garages' or other showcases to display collections, etc. Multiple showcases can be configured with a single plugin.

yellowpeter

Neophyte
Shameless plugin: Can you also consider the newly published Tapatalk plugin for MyBB?

pavemen

Adherent
Are these plugins still updated for the latest MyBB version?

Many of them are, otherwise most upgrade rather easily. There was a change in how plugins work in 1.6.5 so if the plugin was 1.6 compatible but not updated since 1.6.5 then there is a script I wrote on the MyBB site that will upgrade the files for you.

charlly007

Aspirant
Great Mods listed here. I will surely get them attached to my forum. Thanks all for listing them.

Andrew B.

Fan
In light of new features in 1.8, I only need two plugins: Page Manager and Advanced Spoiler.