Shawn Gossman

Tazmanian Master
I recently got back into the forum business :D

I have a XF 2.2 forum installed.

I of course have Media and Resources... but also looking for ideas for other good addons as I've been so out of the game for a while. Help an old forumer out here haha by telling me your must have addons for 2.2 (free or paid)! :)

mysiteguy

Migration Expert
1. Soropu Ads if you run any ads. It allows advertisers to sign up automatically, pay for and place their own ads.

2. Bob's UBS if you want blogs, at xenaddons.com

3. S9E Media Pack. Supports dozens of media site embed bb codes automatically. You know how Xenforo auto embeds Youtube? This does that for just about any major media and news site out there.

There are many more depending on site needs that I'd recommend.

Jeremy8

Enthusiast
If you have good size userbase and need to send warnings on a regular basis, all of Xon's add-ons relating to Warnings and Reports are useful. They add features that should honestly already be a part of XF.

mysiteguy

Migration Expert
I'm guessing that it the AMS right? I didn't see anything about blogs. I think I remember using his addons a few years ago.

If you buy his premium version of AMS, you get access to a private section of his site and there you can buy all his products there, many of which you can't get on the main site. UBS is similar to, but not the same as, AMS.

The reason I don't say AMS (or Xenporta) is for the same reason I don't say XenPorta is a must have. With the new article type threads, you get "get by" with that if you have to. AMS and XenPorta are a "step up" from article type threads.

But for blogs, UBS organizes things in the way we traditionally think of blogs.

Shawn Gossman

Tazmanian Master
Beside's what been mentioned I highly recommend a number of Xon's addons for tweaking things.

Naturally Threadloom's Newsletter is a natural fit for a curated newsletter.

Just installed the TL search and newsletter. Looking forward to playing with it :) I got to say, they have a very generous free version and the pricing after that isn't bad at all.

DigNap15

Adherent
I use a few of AndyB's add-is
Ignore lIst is a good one, its prints a list of which members are on peoples ignore list so you can see who is causing the most trouble!

thenashy

Aspirant
[Andrew] Moderator Panel
[Liam W] Mentions Mini Avatar
[OzzModz] Show Pagination on Mobile Devices
[TH] Nodes
[XTR] Featured Thread Slider
Siropu Ads Manager
Siropu Easy User Ban
Moydow Disable Censor
Xenaddons Pickem (Sports Tipping)
s9e MediaSites
Tapatalk
Xon Warning Ackowledement
Zon Warning Improvements
Zon Thread Reply Banner

These were out must haves when we moved from 1.X. We have a few other small ones, and some custom made ones. The past few releases have thankfully reduced our need for a lot more addons.

mazzly

Neophyte
  • Antispam by CleanTalk - to filter out bunch of profile spam users looking for profile links
  • [cXF] Remove Location, Website and About you field - Same as above
  • Known Bots - More relevant members online statistics
  • Post Content Find / Replace - If you have migrated boards and need to remove repeated bad content.
  • Shoutbox by Siropu - Engage your community if it is a smaller board
  • Threadloom - Newsletter for engaging your user base
  • AMPXF - Accelerated Mobile Pages for SEO benefits
  • XFES - Lower your bounce rate and get visitors to stay longer on your site.
  • VaultWiki - Very useful wiki with auto-linking features and other nice things

sanction9

Enthusiast
Proving that XF could have included this first feature in the core, but instead chose to tack it on to an addon that many can't afford to use (sorry, had to get that off my chest):

1.) Similar Threads

& there's this free one:

(I prefer the one by Andy because of a couple extra options & because the second addon also searches post content, making for poor results if you mainly care for title matches, but your needs might be different.)

Your members will grow to love this feature.

2.) Multi-Prefix by Xon

I imagine it would be helpful for just about any content, but maybe some more than others. If you focus on music or books, as just a couple of examples, and wanted some way to identify content by genre, and didn't want to have to depend on members using (consistently) tags, or don't want to create a hundred nodes/subnodes, this is invaluable.

3.) Speaking of tags, Tag Essentials will make the whole tags system much improved:

4.) Content Ratings by Xon

Much like Tag Essentials (also developed by Xon), will take the core reactions system to the next level. Your users will definitely enjoy it.

5.) Chat 2 by Siropu

If you need need a chat option, this is the best one, in my opinion.

6.) s9e Media Sites 2.6.19

If you want to share a lot of video content from various sites:

There's several other addon's I use and consider pretty great, but I'll stop here. These are the ones that I absolutely could not do without, or would not want to. Obviously, what will be "must-have addon's" for you will depend largely on your own personal needs.

Last edited: