Microsoft Backs Off?

The Sandman

Tazmanian Addict
Is it true that Microsoft is backing off legal action against Mikerowesoft? That's what I read over on vB.com, someone said they heard it in a televised report. Is there any confirmation of this?

Caislander

Adherent
I also heard say of that but i just checked and the WIPO Arbitration and Mediation center still show the case as active this evening, so maybe they droped the lawsuite and are going for mediation? If so I am not sure I would call that settled..

Sal Collaziano

Womanizer
If they did, it's because they would lose.. It's ridiculous that they even think they could make that guy change the name of his business...

movielad

Enthusiast
It's a bit like that case in which a Mr. A. R. Mani (or something along those lines) registered armani.com and the Armani lawyers came down on him like a ton of bricks. The WIPO rules against Armani, and as a result armani.com is with it's rightful owner - Mr. Mani :)

Regards,

Martyn

floris

Habitué
I put up my paypal where I had some extra cash lying around and gave the guy some money to cover the costs he run into due to this stupid ms joke.

movielad

Enthusiast
Well, that's ONE way of getting a lot of traffic/people to your new forums - get into a barney with Microsoft ;)

Regards,

Martyn