Member request so it doesnt look so empty (posting optional)

colubragens

Participant
Request member sign ups
@lantis social network
Social media
Phpfox
Some content already
None paid

I need members to fill up the member list so it doesnt look so empty. Any activity is optional on your part. As of now I have one staff member. I just uploaded the site in March so it's new. If you guys could just signup it would be great then it will look better to visitors. All are welcome!

You can PM me here on TAZ or just signup that would be awesome
Thanks a bunch!

Last edited:

Penguin

Aspirant
I think you should work on your design a lot if I'm honest if you want members. The colours are garish and the only thing missing are some animated GIFs to make the site look like it's from 1999 :)

colubragens

Participant
I think you should work on your design a lot if I'm honest if you want members. The colours are garish and the only thing missing are some animated GIFs to make the site look like it's from 1999 :)
their is it plain enough for you? lol

Matt M

Director Development at Invision Community
You need a mission statement or short description of the purpose of the community. I have no idea what your site is about or what value it will bring me by joining.

colubragens

Participant
You need a mission statement or short description of the purpose of the community. I have no idea what your site is about or what value it will bring me by joining.
thanks for the advice. i havent anything to offer in the way of a complete social network because its a brand new site. I plan on comming up with a statement but at the moment i have writers block! Anyway thats why i am requesting some signups so it does'nt look so empty when a visitor looks at the member list.

Bionic Rooster

Adherent
Anyway thats why i am requesting some signups so it does'nt look so empty when a visitor looks at the member list.
Looking empty membership wise isn't your problem. Lacking an appealing front page and lack of mission statement will not encourage people to sign up.

Jeremy8

Enthusiast
I don't think I've ever seen a successful general discussion forum, even ones created in the 2000s.

zappaDPJ

Administrator
I'd like to say something positive but your background image aka 'featured photo' has rinsed my brains.

Seriously, I can't even focus on, let alone read the overlaying text because of it. I simply have no idea what your site is about or why I'd want to join.

colubragens

Participant
I
I'd like to say something positive but your background image aka 'featured photo' has rinsed my brains.

Seriously, I can't even focus on, let alone read the overlaying text because of it. I simply have no idea what your site is about or why I'd want to join.
i thought this is where you get help not criticism, and down wright rude comments!!!

zappaDPJ

Administrator
I appreciate that you've revised your last post to which I'd already answered so keep in mind this was my original reply to that post.

I don't see any particularly rude comments, just valid criticism which I can assure you is of far more help than getting people to sign up to your forum. The level of criticism should perhaps suggest you are on the wrong track. I do understand it's irritating, especially if you've put a lot of work into it.

Getting a new forum started of any kind is really, really hard these days. The only way to do it is to fill it with rich, unique content in the hope that it will get attention of others. It's content that appeals to search engines and potential members not the forum style which can be as bland as you like.

I apologise for my previous slightly sarcastic reply, I hope you find this one more positive :)

Jeremy8

Enthusiast
Consider it tough love / constructive criticism. Everyone here wants forums to succeed, but your forum is going to need a specific purpose or it will never be active. If you want to start a forum/community, I would suggest narrowing it to a specific topic or niche because general discussion forums don't work.

Bionic Rooster

Adherent
That front page is a psychedelic trip back to Woodstock, if you stay with that theme perhaps you should change your directive to celebrate that era of stoners?? and rock. Now that would work IMO. Having lived it I could contribute what ever I remember. Gawd that was a time to live..................

Pete

Flavours of Forums Forever
It's about EVERYTHING!!
The Ultimate question, of Life, the Universe, and Everything?

But it’s Everything!

It seems to me that you don’t actually know what the Question *is*...