Massive drop in Skimlinks clicks since moving to XF?

BirdOPrey5

#Awesome
So a month after moving from vBulletin 3.x to Xenforo 2.1, I see the number of clicks recorded by Skimlinks has dropped from several thousands in the month prior to 153 in the 30 days since... Revenue of course has also fallen. I have triple confirmed the same javascript code is on every page and every style... and indeed that URLs are correctly being converted.

I'm at a complete loss for the massive drop in clicks, has anyone seen anything similar? The forum itself is at least as active, if not moreso, than before the upgrade.

EDIT - Upon closer inspection it appears the drop happened several days before converting... very weird... Would delete thread but no permission.

jair101

Aspirant
Is it possible that they dropped the advertiser(s) that you are attracting most traffic to?

BirdOPrey5

#Awesome
Amazon and eBay were the major two and they are still supported.

mysiteguy

Fanatic
Looking at the page source code on the site in question, I see the skimlinks code is falling outside the </body> and </html> tags. I'd check your templates to make sure it's placed just before the </body> tag.

BirdOPrey5

#Awesome
True enough but still seems to be working. But thank you, will try moving it.

LeadCrow

Apocalypse Admin
Is this change consistent across all browsers, or more prevalent with chromium-based browsers? Advertisers may be moving their inventories to AMP's skimlinks extension and messing with your classic tracking links since early january or limiting their support for non-AMP ads in general.

Chris D

XenForo Developer
Something to check is whether you have enabled the XF link proxy.

That can sometimes prevent things like Skimlinks from working correctly, or at least it used to.

I guess first question is, do you have the Link proxy enabled? If you do and you disable it, does that make any difference?

(Just to rule out the decline before conversion being a fluke).

BirdOPrey5

#Awesome
Is this change consistent across all browsers, or more prevalent with chromium-based browsers? Advertisers may be moving their inventories to AMP's skimlinks extension and messing with your classic tracking links since early january or limiting their support for non-AMP ads in general.
Best I can tell it's all browsers. I mean it's virtually stopped dead.

Something to check is whether you have enabled the XF link proxy.

That can sometimes prevent things like Skimlinks from working correctly, or at least it used to.

I guess first question is, do you have the Link proxy enabled? If you do and you disable it, does that make any difference?

(Just to rule out the decline before conversion being a fluke).
Link proxy, like the image proxy, is not enabled. But thank you for the suggestion to check.