Mars photos

Ogden2k

Has anyone checked out the Mars photos? If not, check out NASA's site. Amazing.

Kathy

Tazmanian Veteran
They are incredible! I've been watching with great interest since the landing. Have loved the notion that this big old hunk of metal is sending us pics back. This is the ultimate in cyberspace. ;)

Ogden2k

Hopefully the Discovery Channel will have some sort of special on this sometime.

Wayne Luke

Tazmanian
They are having specials all month on the Discovery Science channel which is usually available on Satellite and Digital Cable in the U.S.. Not sure if that will filter over to the main Discovery channel.

There will be a lot more excitement on the 24th if "Opportunity" lands safely as well.

Kathy

Tazmanian Veteran
Sounds like great stuff to watch. I can't wait to see the rover in action.

Wayne Luke

Tazmanian
I don't think you need the glasses to see these. It appears like some of the images are being processed through the spectrometer before being sent to earth. This will enable the scientists to determine the likely composition of the rocks by their color. If they find an interesting one, they can direct the rover to it instead of letting it choose where it goes.

There are some images which are clear and in the proper colors.

Redshift

Aspirant
Fantastic Pictures you can almost imagine yourself being there :) I was hoping this mission wouldn't go the way beagle2 went. Here's hoping opertunity makes it to the surface safely

Ryan

Los

I have no home.
Oh man, I wish that the Mars exploration team consisting of humans will be sometime in this decade!