Love Of Many Grown Cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero Numbers

Adherent
This is probably going to be strange. But I'll say what I've got to say.

For a long time now, people have yearned for the gloriousness that the past of internet forums or message boards used to have. Forums were great in the 2000s. The late 2000s was a great period of time (this is for you late 2000s neglectors who only praise the early or mid 2000s), when forums were at their peak. Then something in the mid 2010s happened. From that point to now, there's a different air about the forum scene. Too many people aspire or chase after the wrong things. There's also things going on around the world that plays a role.

Have you noticed how people don't enjoy being around others like they did during the heydays of internet message boards? That isn't to say that there aren't still places where such is the case, because there are. But things aren't at the same rate now like it was back then, back in those days. I've seen tons of places where a forum has that air, where people don't care too much about each other. Furthermore, the world seems to get crazier and you don't know what to do about all the madness that has manifested to such level.

The book of Matthew in the bible says that the love of many will grow cold (Matthew 24:12). Does this explain what I just mentioned? A lot of people don't believe the bible is real. A lot of people think it's just a book. God/Jesus is real, and the curtain is rising. You have the Coronavirus which I'm sure some people are tired of hearing about by now. God can heal people from the Coronavirus. He can cure sickness, disease, or whatever it is. The God who says nothing is impossible with him. The God who says he is a jealous God. The God of Heaven. The one who made himself a sacrificial lamb in order to save people from their sins, and influence from the powers of darkness.

So the result of forums not having the spark it used to have is because of what I detailed and the changing times. There is a great falling away. Then there is a great awakening. The book of Revelation and other books of the bible talks about such things. When God's presence is stronger around people, then there is hope that people can enjoy being around others. I think that's what people would like to see again.

Internet message boards were great in the past. Would you give the God of Heaven the credit and praise for all that? The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. The God who says he is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. I've seen what the 2000s beheld, I was fond of the things that brought good memories to me, especially when it comes to internet forums. I credit God/Jesus for all of these amazing things.

We're here in the 2020s now, and more people need to know about his greatness, especially those who don't. I believe God can do wonders to make people be more alive. Do something regarding internet forums. Message boards were great because of God/Jesus. The God who said he made man/woman in his image, who created the human race. Things might not be as they were in the heydeys of forums. But this is a time where new development is bound to take place. When newer good things can be had.

sbjsbj

Fan
I am not sure if I can follow your logic. And yes, your opinion is strange.

So you are saying the good old times in the 2000s were because of God? And now it not having that spark it used to have is because of many growing cold?

I am not sure I can agree with you. The reasons why the forum scene changed is easily explained in the rise of social media and smartphones. Not sure how you can address this as "people growing cold".

Also, according to your logic, this only applies to Christians? But the same thing also happened in other cultures. The same rise and shine in the 2000s and the same fall and darkness in the 2010s. How do you categorize me as a Muslim for example?

I just see a train of thoughts which have nothing to do with God and yet you managed to connect anything to him. Are the oil prices increasing also because of him?

haqzore

Devotee
The hell?

This is some desperate reaching to connect totally unconnected things.

Good to know your sky critter can heal COVID-19, though. Guess we just need to figure out why it isn't.

Ingenious

Fan
Sigh... if this sort religious soapboxing is allowed in this community then I'll be closing my account. I come here to network with fellow admins and talk forum stuff, not read religion or politics.

sbjsbj

Fan
Sigh... if this sort religious soapboxing is allowed in this community then I'll be closing my account. I come here to network with fellow admins and talk forum stuff, not read religion or politics.
I hope you don't administrate your forum like this.
Publicly shaming people for their opinions + censoring them because it doesn't fit your agenda, is a really poor behaviour.

Even though this person's opinion sounds ridiculous, his opinion is related to forum stuff. He gave his reasons why he thinks that the forum world has changed. As I also said, I find it far-fetched and it makes no sense, but still you are actually proving his point for him. You being "cold" like this, without showing symphaty, is exactly what he needs for validation. It is not helpful and you just fuel his delusion.

Ingenious

Fan
Good grief, how is my reply "shaming" anyone?

I'm pointing out that the OP is using the thread as a soapbox for his religious views, which he is. You do not even know my own views on God and religion or even if I completely agree with the OP but still think this has no place on TAZ.

Perhaps admin can clarify if TAZ is intended to be a politics and religion free community?

sbjsbj

Fan
Good grief, how is my reply "shaming" anyone?
You are threatening with closing your account. It is either him or you. Like, wtf? Out of nowhere you somehow managed to make this thread about you. So you shame the person because he has a different opinion than you.

You do not even know my own views on God and religion or even if I completely agree with the OP but still think this has no place on TAZ.
Did I say otherwise, that I know your views? Don't use strawman logic, please.

Perhaps admin can clarify if TAZ is intended to be a politics and religion free community?
Even if it is (it is also banned in my forum), I think this opinion is not political or religious. It is about the last 20 years of forum experience he had. And he thinks it has religious reasons behind this,. But the topic is not about religion. He could also say it is because of "worms" or "aliens" or "money". It doesn't make the topic a subject of these words. That is just his conclusion.

zappaDPJ

Administrator
This has always been the case and unless the new owners of TAZ decide otherwise, it will remain so. I'm locking this thread now and I'll be moving it out of sight in due course. TAZ is not an appropriate forum for this kind of discussion. Thank you for your understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.