Looking for recommendations for DDos protection

shinyfirefly

Neophyte
My website is currently undergoing another DDos attack. We know who it is and it is a company with very deep pockets and not a lot of ethics. I'm looking at Cloudflare's Business plan, but our host says this is the largest attack he's seen in quite awhile. They are coming from Brazil, China, Russia, India... Can anyone recommend a quick and efficient solution as well as a long-term solution?

Danielx64

Developer
Does that even work in a DDoS attack?
Back when I was a moderator for a webhost the owner would block every IP and then start unblocking different blocks until all the bad IPs are blocked and legit traffic were let trough.

ManagerJosh

Adherent
Back when I was a moderator for a webhost the owner would block every IP and then start unblocking different blocks until all the bad IPs are blocked and legit traffic were let trough.
In an IPv4 world, that would work. In an IPv6 world, not as much.

JamesJ

Neophyte
CloudFlare?

Their DDoS protection is good, and I think their Free plan would cover you enough tbh.
If not, $200/mo isn't really that bad if you're getting DDoS'd this much.

If you didn't want to use a proxy, you could use someone like Voxility for on-site protection (if you buy one of their servers, 500Gbps DDoS prot [Anycast] is $500/mo I believe). Or look into Psychz, they also offer 500Gbps of Anycast DDoS prot. not too sure on their pricing however, sorry. It's on a "Contact us" basis.

I'd personally recommend CloudFlare, used them for a while and I find it works very well. Especially their Pro (and above) plan -- you'll be able to block clients by country, as well as use their WAF, etc.