Looking for CRM, HRM, VMS

we_are_borg

Administrator
The project i work on is in need of a CRM or HRM or VMS. We are looking around but we cant find something solid. We are in need that it can house the volunteers we have (records show 1000+ emails and names), can contact them by mail that leaves a audit trail. If possible have social media integration so we can use that. We also need fundraising done so we want to track donors and have interaction. The costs is what is going to kill us we know its not going to be cheap but we need to try, where losing track of our volunteers and communication is not at best. We need a good solution that takes everything out of our hands.

Russ

Administrator
ClickUp is a pretty powerful tool. It's extremely customizable and they recently added the feature to actually send/receive emails inside of tasks. Best of all, it's really cheap when it comes to per users. It's not necessarily a CRM out of the box but you can make it into a ton of different things.

• Admin

we_are_borg

Administrator
Thank you Doubt, i have read all that sort sites, it gives insight. But we need two major items fundraising and communication, the first we can do external if communication in the system is excellent.

Russ thanks i found that one and was going to look into it, but i think i need to contact them for some answers.

DanielF

Participant
I'm also a huge ClickUp fan, which I'm using with a paid Zapier plan to enhance it even further. It's literally driving my business and day to day planing

• Admin

we_are_borg

Administrator
I'm also a huge ClickUp fan, which I'm using with a paid Zapier plan to enhance it even further. It's literally driving my business and day to day planing
Does ClickUp allow sending mass emails we have different departments from node.js developers, database developers to data entry and lots in between. So can we if we enter lets say me into the system and say he is volunteer, gives donations, developer, data entry so multiple roles. Can we select on roles and leave audit trails what is been send back and forth. The biggest issue we have is that we have no idea who does what and who people are we need to make sure volunteers feel appreciated and have involvement. Also people fall into limbo if someone volunteers we need to guide them and that is falling into the water. We are in need where we have documents in place and can email does what is needed and how to work.

Russ

Administrator
Emailing from tasks was just added this past month so it's beyond basic. If you're looking for bulk/automated email you might need a proper CRM.

What email setup are you guys using?

ClickUp still might be valuable in organizing your stuff versus trying to get an all-in-one solution.

• Admin

we_are_borg

Administrator
Where using nothing at the moment a lot of volunteers got an internal email address that is forwarded to there main email address. But we still have legacy users that are volunteers but no internal email. Maybe 10% of volunteers has internal email.

Nev_Dull

Anachronism
Just a thought. If you're starting with nothing and most of the boxed solutions you've looked at are going to take additional programming to do what you need, why not consider a general DBMS and having someone build a custom solution that fits your organization? You may find it doesn't cost any more and gets you everything you need.

we_are_borg

Administrator
Its an idea but it would take long to build and we will need to know the costs. We can spend a bit if we know how much it cost per year but to custom build is not something we can budget, you will always go over estimates. That’s why i like out of the box solutions.

Russ

Administrator

They use vb5 for their support forum, automatic denial from me :D. Jk, just thought that was funny.

we_are_borg so you're wanting to set up each individual with their own email address? If so, I don't think any CRM would really cover that. CRM's interact with list of email addresses essentially, not really to set them up with email accounts.

we_are_borg

Administrator
Russ we have access to our own domain where we can make unlimited email addresses. New volunteers get there own email address the legacy volunteers do not yet have that. I saw with ClickUp that you can add your email address and email from the CRM so if we can enter firstname, lastname, country, email address, volunteer position(s) it would function. I made a mailing list email so people in development have an email that sends out an email to all developers in one go. But the main issue is if i have the name We are Borg for example i do not know what he does or what his qualities are thats not kept in our notes. So tracking volunteers what they do and guide them would be golden for us. We can later expand with Zapier if needed.

Russ

Administrator
With ClickUp you can add custom fields of all types. That being said, it sounds like you need some deeper integration with actually emailing folks.

HubSpot can get very expensive depending on the needs and the amount of contacts you have but I think it has the best interface out of most dedicated CRM's.

we_are_borg

Administrator
I have seen does crm systems and they are expensive i still like ClickUp even we cant mass email, well you make a developer user use the mailing list email and you can. The have imap options so we can use our own email address its has been added some time ago. Plus they have an outlook add-on.

Nabix

One-time payment. You own the script. Easy to edit.

jimjam

Neophyte
If you use Macs, then look at Daylite, we tried lots but settled on this. The email handling, attaching history to clients is worth the sub on its own.

we_are_borg

Administrator
Where testing EspoCRM on our own servers, it can mass email and leave a trail what happens to a volunteer or sponsor. Later i will look into other options weather we need paid solution or not.