Offering $$ Looking for article writers.

Abizaga

I am a tuna sandwich!
I run a website about 90s and 2000s nostalgia and I have no idea how to make a good article. I would like to hire 1 or 2 people who would be willing to write some articles. I'm willing to negociate on a price for a few relevant price. Pm me if interested.

Last edited:

Abizaga

I am a tuna sandwich!
I don't know, I never did this before so I don't know what good rates are.

zappaDPJ

Administrator
You would do better to set a rate per article and specify the number of words required per article. 'Some articles for maybe $5 a week' is far too arbitrary plus you probably won't get too many takers for the amount on offer.

To put things in perspective, I write articles, reviews and other more technical material for guitar and music orientated outlets. My minimum rate is $75 for 1000 words which the last time I checked is below the industry standard.

That's obviously a long way above what you can reasonably offer for a for a new startup but I would suggest $10 for 500 words might get you something worth publishing.

Alpha1

Administrator
The going rate for article writers on freelancer or upwork is between $15 and $75 an hour. A good article will take multiple hours to write. Often you get what you pay for. You will need a much larger budget. On such a small budget you are not likely to succeed.

If you can find like-minded individuals who want to build up the community with you then you are much more likely to succeed.

Abizaga

I am a tuna sandwich!
Oof but alright thanks. I guess it may be a bit out of my budget.
To put things in perspective, I write articles, reviews and other more technical material for guitar and music orientated outlets. My minimum rate is $75 for 1000 words which the last time I checked is below the industry standard.
At 5 bucks a week it'd be the most slowly written article ever :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Good luck finding someone mate. I’ve developed working relationships with writers on fiverr. Paying about $7 for a 500 ish word article.

Abizaga

I am a tuna sandwich!
I actually had somebody who wrote 15 1500 word articles I forgot about. ai just gotta find a good picture for each one.

Abizaga

I am a tuna sandwich!
Yes. I will need help to find good images for these though so I guess That at least is a thing. I could edit the thread to be "need help finding appropropriate pictures..." lol

?

I guess the fiverr find was after your post here?
I've been on Fiverr since before the site launched building up a portfolio of articles to post to generate activity. The post here was a stab in the dark as I was uncertain of the particular rates people charged for services. When we're new (I'm not new, just been out the game for several years) you make mistakes and learn from those mistakes. I priced wrong. It didn't work out. I now have professionals writing quality content at a price which is mutually acceptable.

Abizaga

I am a tuna sandwich!
The ones I had seem off... I will probably edit the first thread to say I will negotiate on prices.

zappaDPJ

Administrator
Oof but alright thanks. I guess it may be a bit out of my budget.

Understandable and I certainly wouldn't recommend spending that amount of money unless there's a return on it. I guess the point I'm trying to make is if there's a transaction involved you need to be realistic on both sides of the agreement.

To put a little more perspective on it, I'm sure most people could knock out 1000 words in less than a hour which at $75 sounds like a good income. However you have to take into account the years of accumulated knowledge behind those words. There's research time required which could take hours. If I'm reviewing a guitar it'll be played, it might be pulled apart on the workbench in order to provide technical specs and if it's at the budget end I'll probably take some time to set it up so I can properly evaluate it.

I'll also spend time talking to sales people, the publishers I'm working for and I'll need to amend and proof read my work before submission as many times as required. The bottom line, it may well take the best part of a day to earn that $75. Conversely you need to consider how much effort someone is prepared to put in for $5 a week and whether their submissions will benefit your forum.

Splinter2

Participant
$5 a week won't cut it.
I write articles for a tech blog and we get paid on Google AdSense results because that's the only way the site makes money.
You also need to consider the quality of the writing. Anyone can knock up 500 words in less than an hour, but to make that article interesting it needs some passion, numerous photos and maybe a little humour.

Abizaga

I am a tuna sandwich!
I found some guys doing it 50 an article each. Thanks guys!