Buying Looking for a XF license

Madi

Espresso King
I am currently looking forward to buying an XF license with no extra addons or features. Name your prices.

Adam H

** Retired **
Pretty sure Goodfella was selling one a short time ago, Apologies Goodfella if it wasnt you and im thinking of someone else lol

Sheldon

Fan
I think he still has it listed... PaulKet too, but he's been banned here for some odd reason.

Sheldon

Fan
Paul's I know was for $100, plus two addons transferred.

Not 100% sure if still available though.

Madi

Espresso King
Sorry for that but just like he was putting something to sale and then he got banned.

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
No, Paul's sale thread had nothing to do with his ban. There are no scam concerns.

Madi

Espresso King
Great. Do you have any experience or feedback about a site selling cheap used xf license called
xflicense.com

Madi

Espresso King
Yes definitely I wouldn't risk it, just if somebody got feedback about it or used it before can give me further insights.

Sheldon

Fan
I'd trust xflicense. I've sold one there, as well as bought one.

Regardless of where you get a 2nd hand license, you always take a chance.

geebee

Fan
I did a bit of maths concerning buying a secondhand license. If you buy a new license its $140 or approximately $11.50 per month for the first year. After that year, you'll likely upgrade for $40. OK.

If you buy a secondhand license say with 6 months remaining for let's say $90, in six months time, you'll be forking out for a renewal. Therefore, your initial $90 is only good for 6 months of updates. For an extra $50 you get an extra 6 months support before renewing.

In addition, you don't have to take a punt buying from a potential scammer. Plus, if things don't work out, you can sell the license on. If you buy a secondhand license, you can't.

QED

Adam H

** Retired **
Being in the UK 20% VAT is added which i believe means buying a new licence actually costs us $26 dollars more ( discounted if you have a certain amount of licences already ) So at $156 per licence.

Same goes for licence extensions, an $8 fee is added to the normal $40 renewal.

Basically meaning a licence purchase costs us $13 a month, if i was to buy a second hand licence at $70 - 80 which i normally pick them up for which had six month or more ( normally 9 months ) remaining it would actually mean i would be better off should i get at least 6 months remaining and get the licence at $70, if however i got the licence at $80 then i would be $2 worse off...........which i can live with considering i may not renew the licence straight away, it could be left for a couple of months if not more providing there were no security releases.

geebee

Fan
^ yup, ifs and buts and VAT aside, plus or minus a couple of dollars with the added bonus of reselling works for me every time. There's no VAT here and I really don't see any advantage in buying a secondhand XF at the moment. Just my point of view.