List of reliable hosts

Scorpio Guy

Enthusiast
Liquidweb has proven to be an excellent host. I was recommended by a friend to give them a try.
A bit pricey however so I am looking for same qualities at a fraction of the cost.

SocialManUK

Participant
Managed:

http://www.urljet.com/ - Forum specific hosting, excellent support with hourly backups and cPanel. Prices aren't cheap for shared hosting, but it's not typical shared hosting - We're on a highly optimized 16 Core server running Litespeed Enterprise - outperforms any VPS I've used (including surviving DDOS attacks that we only noticed due to high activity in the logs, the server didn't flinch). To get similar service and support elsewhere we'd be paying a lot more.

UK hosting - https://www.tsohost.com/ - very cheap, very high level of support. Looking through my previous support tickets, average response time has been between 2-10 minutes.

+1 on Tsohost, good support who really go out of their way to help you, and fast response times... no matter what day it is...

dooma

Aspirant
Premium/
1-Liquidweb ( Amazing )
2- Wiredtree
3- Namecheap

Budget/
1- CrocWeb

dooma

Aspirant
I always go for NameCheap. They are set up pretty nice and easy to figure out where to go without being redirected to something else.
Yes, check their new shared plans and prices. It's awesome. ;)

Oldcrow

Enthusiast
I have been with byethost for a number of years, maybe 15 at least..They have changed there name to ifastnet.com

They are located in Manchester England..

Support comes out of Columbus Ohio and Manchester UK

I have always been taken care of in a short time, sometimes matter of minutes..

I have three accounts with them, I also host my domains with them.

They have paid and free hosting,, free hosting is useless like the others, slow and ads..

http://www.byethost.com/

Sylvain

Enthusiast
I use www.funio.com for all me sites. They are located in Canada never had problem with them, good pricing and super quick service.

DudeThatsErin

Habitué
They did a pretty good job with the style for their forum. You do see that a lot with hosting sites like that.
I'm not even registered on their forum. LOL I'm a failure for a client. X.X

I don't understand why hosting sites have to have a forum... Never understood that. Annoys me a bit actually.

doubt

Tazmanian
I don't understand why hosting sites have to have a forum... Never understood that. Annoys me a bit actually.
It can be quite useful to have one.
Problem with your site?
Anyone else complaining publicly on their forum?
You don't have to open a ticket, clear that the host has problems.

DudeThatsErin

Habitué
It can be quite useful to have one.
Problem with your site?
Anyone else complaining publicly on their forum?
You don't have to open a ticket, clear that the host has problems.
True, True. I guess I've never seen them as active enough to actually get support from other people with.

Wes of StarArmy

Adherent
Dreamhost's VPS (not their shared hosting). $15/month now gets you a basic VPS with a gig of RAM, and 30 GB of solid state drive, and it scales up from there. I've been with them for a year and a half and I've been pretty satisfied.

pixelkicker

Neophyte
For those of you running Digital Ocean droplets, do you mind sharing your specs? I am looking at adding one now but I'm not sure where to start in regards to RAM and CPU. My IPB site will be <500 members for at least the next few months.