List of reliable hosts

John L.

XenForo Enthusiast
WiredTree has been my VPS provider and dedicated server provider of choice for years. I'd recommend them in a heartbeat.

Adept

Aspirant
I'm not satisfied with Hostgator's security. Any alternatives guys?

mattvinyl

Aspirant
I use SimplexWebs on my forum and on my own business website. Superb British web hosting and world class support if needed. All at an acceptable price.

Nogitsune

Unleash The Beast....
I use SimplexWebs on my forum and on my own business website. Superb British web hosting and world class support if needed. All at an acceptable price.
I was looking at Simplex earlier this year, contemplating their services but a lot of reviews kind of portrayed them badly.
Definitely second asmallorange. Very nice and reliable.
How long have you been with them? I had wanted to try them
(they are close to my hometown in NC) but they are owned by EIG which is like this big business who buys hosts and then like ruins them and it kind of scared me off.

DudeThatsErin

Habitué
How long have you been with them? I had wanted to try them
(they are close to my hometown in NC) but they are owned by EIG which is like this big business who buys hosts and then like ruins them and it kind of scared me off.
I wouldn't go with them then.
Even if they are near you. Even if ASO is good now, they will not be in a few months/years.

mattvinyl

Aspirant
I was looking at Simplex earlier this year, contemplating their services but a lot of reviews kind of portrayed them badly.

I personally haven't had any issues with SimplexWebs. They have had a few outages when they had a DDOS attacks, but for the most part I cannot speak any ill of their service.
Appreciate that reviews are handy if we're looking to buy something, but not all speak the full truth. For example, someone may give bad rep because support staff didn't answer a ticket in under 1 minute twenty seconds :eek:

If they ever mess me about, be sure to know I'll let the world know ;)

Adam

Habitué
I want update something I previously stated regarding, DNS Made Easy

Sometime ago, MattW recommended or suggested that I had left them out of my long list of providers found here
https://theadminzone.com/threads/list-of-reliable-hosts.116081/page-2#post-846050

Adam - missing DNSMadeEasy for the list of DNS providers.

I had commended a few times about how I and others had mixed or poor experiences with them in the past. However this was 2 1/2 years ago and things do change so I decided to give them a try, given they now offer a free 30 day trial.

Small update... I found out I could use a 30 day trial with DNS Made Easy. I may have to rethink my original stance. Things seem to have improved since I last used them (2 years ago).

My trial was going to be expiring this week and so I have purchased their services. I actually have noticed an improvement since add DNS Made Easy.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2014-09-01 19:51:29.png
    Screenshot from 2014-09-01 19:51:29.png
    218 KB · Views: 7
Last edited by a moderator:

KSalue

Participant
I use hawkhost.com

been using them for about 2years now for shared hosting

paying around 90 USD a year

Ertha

Aspirant
Currently using

1.Site5 - Great support, 24/7 Live support, Great price and back-end, Has a function to have multiadmin panel for each domain without need of reseller or VPS.
2.StableHost - affordable price with decent server and support.

Echo

Runs with grenades
I use hawkhost.com

been using them for about 2years now for shared hosting

paying around 90 USD a year
I've been using them for around four years I believe, had a couple issues with their Seattle location, then they shut that down and moved me to LA, solid ever since, very affordable to, they meet my needs for hosting.

KSalue

Participant
I've been using them for around four years I believe, had a couple issues with their Seattle location, then they shut that down and moved me to LA, solid ever since, very affordable to, they meet my needs for hosting.

I am using the server in UK i think a few months ago it was so slow that I was about to switch to another host but then I complained a few times then after a month or two suddenly my site went down for a few hours then bam its backup and it was faster loading than before by alot, made me so happy /.*

LBShawShaw

Aspirant
I wanted to try out digital ocean's free coupon but it always required a CC so I was apprehensive to try it out.

Xorlof

Aspirant
A couple of comments:

* Unlike Adam, I have had no issues with NameCheap as a registrar. I've used them for many years. I don't use NameCheap's DNS though, so maybe that's the difference. I also have not had any surprise pricing issues on renewal.
* For hosting, I co-locate my own server. I *LOVE* fdcservers.net for cheap colocation, especially if you have high bandwidth needs. When I first started using them around 2002 they were iffy (but the price couldn't be beat so I stuck with them), but have had zero issues with their service in years. I co-locate in their Chicago location, which seems to be their best managed location.