List of reliable hosts

We only had one server through OVH, and when we made a ticket asking why it was terminated when we had autopay on and had over $400 in credit from prepaying on the account they said:

Yet they have the button to enable it, and surely they would have some sort of manual review process before completely wiping a server that would allow them to notice the credit on the account as well as the credit card that was on file o_O

Keeping in mind all of this happened at the end of August, so maybe something has changed since then? I'm not sure
Ah, that's a bit messed up then. I've had auto billing in place since June, with several dedicated servers. I know they roll out different features to different geographical locations. I did try auto payment when they first introduced it to the UK control panel, and it didn't work, so was still manually renewing them.

Jake

Developer
Ah, that's a bit messed up then. I've had auto billing in place since June, with several dedicated servers. I know they roll out different features to different geographical locations. I did try auto payment when they first introduced it to the UK control panel, and it didn't work, so was still manually renewing them.
Maybe it's not available to the US/Canada control panel then? But they still have the button to enable it, and everything looks like it should work until it doesn't and then they tell you that they deleted your server because you didn't pay :cautious: I just know I sure as hell won't use them again, or recommend them to anyone

euantor

MyBB Lead Developer
eva2000 RoldanLT euantor Adam MattW
What are your current favorites?
BuyVM's KVM Slices are my current goto for servers. Extremely well priced and great hardware. Support is also fantastic, though US based so it can take a while for orders to get processed since I'm in the UK.

I still like WebFaction for their shared experience with a little more power. They also have great support, and their cloud server offering is even better than their normal offering.

However, I recently moved my personal site to nearlyFreeSpeech.net to save some money. I put $20 into the account when I started it a couple of months ago and I still have $16 left on the account, so I can't complain there. Haven't had to interact with their support staff at all as my personal site is just static HTML, so I can't speak as to how good they are for support.

GoingRight

Enthusiast
Currently using

1.Site5 - Great support, 24/7 Live support, Great price and back-end, Has a function to have multiadmin panel for each domain without need of reseller or VPS.
2.StableHost - affordable price with decent server and support.
I'm generally happy with Stablehost too.

King G

Enthusiast
well if your a pro with websites and on a tight budget use no support linux. 1 buck a month fast servers! But check it out to see if it supports your needs. :)

Thomasss

Aspirant
I personally love Hawk Host -they're pretty cheap and their servers are freaking fantastic. Supports pretty on top of things too. ^.^

OffshoreDdcated

Neophyte
I will suggest adding a new category named something like Offshore/Privacy/BulletProof/Anonymous Hosting.

TigrisOculus

Participant
I see Hawkhost mentioned a lot, with good words for their support. This amateur would have to rely on the kindness of their techs. Are they appropriate for someone who doesn't want to spend a lot of time on the minutiae? Like, "just give me the instructions"?

VoXX

Participant
I have accounts at the companies below, and I'm happy so far. No issues and support has been excellent.

Managed
:
Knownhost (VPS)
Stablehost (Shared)

Unmanaged:
Ramnode (VPS)
HostUS (VPS)