List of reliable hosts

Adam

Habitué

Adam

Habitué
Why don't you recommend them then?
I wouldn't know how to answer this without making a very long reply, to which would undoubtedly receive more responses and thus completely take this thread off topic. So the short answer is; costly and luck of the draw.

I wouldn't know how to answer this without making a very long reply, to which would undoubtedly receive more responses and thus completely take this thread off topic. So the short answer is; costly and luck of the draw.
Fair enough. I'll add them to my recommended list, as I've just renewed for the 7th year.

Adam

Habitué
Fair enough. I'll add them to my recommended list, as I've just renewed for the 7th year.
I'll repeat, luck of the draw.... If you do some research though.... There is enough to swing either way. And while 50/50 (or 60/40) sounds like good odds, I have higher standards.

I'll repeat, luck of the draw.... If you do some research though.... There is enough to swing either way. And while 50/50 (or 60/40) sounds like good odds, I have higher standards.
Done plenty of research of them, and that is why I'm still using them 7 years later. Had 0 issues or downtime with them, and the only time I've found people saying negative things is the pricing structure.

Adam

Habitué
Done plenty of research of them, and that is why I'm still using them 7 years later. Had 0 issues or downtime with them, and the only time I've found people saying negative things is the pricing structure.
They are costly, but I have most issues with the dns hijacking, slower routing times, and the lack of failover unless you opt for a higher plan.

But if that works for you... It's your dns.

jaspert

Neophyte
I use instantdedis.com. I picked up a I7 with WD Black x4 (RAID-10) for under $100. It's lightening fast and they deliver instantly.

Erin Nicole

Habitué
Last edited by a moderator:

zaboca

Adherent
Out of all the hosts I've ever used in the last decade, there are only a handful that I really recommend to other people.
Hivelocity (dedicated managed)
PrivateLayer (dedicated unmanaged)
DigitalOcean (VPS unmanaged)
CloudVPS (VPS unmanaged)

From my past experiences, these are a few I'd absolutely avoid, be it either hardware/network/support or a combination of, you will age faster if you use them.
Any company under EIG
DreamHost
Iniz