linika2017

Neophyte
Hi all,
I just wanted to promote and gather some feedback and suggestions from the members on here. I recently created a forum with Proboards for Australia with a multitude of topics such as sports, technology, lifestyle etc. Although it is not yet fully complete, it is pretty much finished.
Also, if people could also sign up and become a member and help get my forum started, I would very much appreciate it.

linika.freeforums.net

Thanks!

cornnfedd

Captain Futurama
Some advice when starting a forum is to keep it simple, in my opinion you have way too many topics and it would just take too long to fill them all up with active content. I would be condensing this by at least half if not 2/3rds.

How are you planning on getting visitors to your site?

Good luck with it.

Optic

Enthusiast
I thought only active TAZ members could post in this section (am aware I did initially report this for being in the wrong section).. Lisa

linika2017 - greetings from Perth, WA. Your forum is very empty and has sections on lifestyle, sports, pets, education and current affairs. Do you plan on making content for each section? I would strongly advise dropping all the sections except one. Otherwise it's a tall order to fill them all up - unless you have an army of writers or contributors?

Maybe just focus on aspects of Australian culture?

we_are_borg

Administrator
Optic i have moved this topic here because it was at the wrong place. The TS can post when he has the active status. I did not want to delete it because the question is valid.

At TS customize the site with good color scheme, also to many forums less is more in this case until you have more topics on your forum.

cornnfedd

Captain Futurama
I would also suggest some sort of tag line or something that tells the users what the forum is about..

linika2017

Neophyte
Hi all thanks for the reply. Sorry if I posted in the wrong section.
Yeah I think I may be a better idea to focus on one topic rather than everything. I was thinking of using phpbb instead of proboards, would you guys agree with that or should I just stick with proboards?
thanks

linika2017

Neophyte
Also, yes it is empty. Should I make bunch of fake accounts and post on it to make it look like its active?

zappaDPJ

Administrator
Heh.. okay more specifically, I have no admin/moderator/secret squirrel powers to use on The Admin Zone. If someone needs something moving/deleting/editing/reporting I'm not the go-to person :D Better?

I think I can live with that :D:tup:

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
Oh my apologies I thought you did as I had a quick glance at the guidelines you wrote for this subforum:
https://theadminzone.com/threads/please-read-community-promotion-usage-rules.129886/
She did ... She was Admin on TAZ Staff.
There are quite a few sticky threads that are written by past staff members.
Current TAZ Staff are generally identified by either the red (Admin) or blue (Moderator) staff badges:
taz.png

The majority listed on the TAZ Staff page have either "Administrator" or "Moderator" in their custom username as well.

J.

Last edited:

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
The Black Widow now...R.I.P. TAZ ...? :confused:
I heard that it was something I was being called and it amused me so I thought I'd embrace it. Black Widows are vicious and murderous. . . I can live with that. ;)

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
Oh my apologies I thought you did as I had a quick glance at the guidelines you wrote for this subforum:
https://theadminzone.com/threads/please-read-community-promotion-usage-rules.129886/
PoetJC answered it well enough, but I'll add that there are many threads written by me around here. I've had a long history with TAZ, and also Admin Extra, which was merged into it. But I stepped down almost a year ago now (I believe it was around May last year) due to being too busy with life offline and not being able to give TAZ (or any other forum) enough of my time. So now I just drop by as and when I have some spare time - which isn't often these days.

zappaDPJ

Administrator
I heard that it was something I was being called and it amused me so I thought I'd embrace it. Black Widows are vicious and murderous. . . I can live with that. ;)

I can't even begin to imagine where that came from :D