Feedback Like the new badges!

Steve

Fanatic
I was planning to link them
I mean, they're pretty and all,but... As I'm viewing the site on mobile I have absolutely no idea what any of them are? :whistle:

As far I can tell Morgana has won a trophy, got a medal, has a dog and seems to have survived hospital?
Yeah, my idea was to link them to page explaining what each one is, or what group they are attached to. ;)

A

AWS

I like them. Much better than the cluttered look of the old badges.

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
Hey guys! I was gone for the weekend mostly - so I'm just logging on and seeing the implementation. The new badges look AWESOME! Really nicely done. It makes a SUBSTANTIAL difference. The postbit looks much cleaner and tidier now!

If anything, PoetJC deserves just as much of a shoutout. When pointed out the banners were ridiculously long, at least she offered the first suggestion on how to stop the 35" postbit.

https://theadminzone.com/threads/xenforo-license-validation-split.131279/page-4#post-962073

That suggestion is pretty much what is in the postbit now.
Thanks dude!

Not to take anything away from PoetJC but this layout was planned for quite a while and I think you even use this same technique on your forums right?

This can all be done with template edits but I chose to make it a bit more customized and end user friendly in hopes to release it here at TAZ sometime. You can have up to a total of 13 badges if you count the defaults (10 custom ones). Of course you can add more by editing the templates also if needed.
View attachment 32225
Very nice! One has to wonder if this new stuff will make it into the Xenbase framework.
I sure hope so. It's really nice work dude. Congrats!

J.

Azareal

The AtomBB Overlord
It's good to know that I have a pulse with the active members.. badge.
Took a while to get used to them, although premium still looks like someone who has won some sort of big award or something.

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
It's good to know that I have a pulse with the active members.. badge.
Took a while to get used to them, although premium still looks like someone who has won some sort of big award or something.
Hmmm. I think the Premium badge would look better with a currency symbol maybe?
I always associate premium with having paid money for the pleasure anyway. Perhaps a currency symbol would be too literal?... IDK.
The badges look great though. A nice surprise to login and see.

J.

WD

Enthusiast
They look really nice, I only have two small suggestions.

1, Resize the larger images into smaller images, you have a huge 96x96 px image yet it only shows 24x24 px

As for 2, I suggest combining them into a CSS sprite to save page load time/requests, or maybe just compressing them would be a great start.

ai.4sv.biz_20150203082708409.png

Nothing else to really change though and the above is just me being picky :p

Steve

Fanatic
True they can be optimized but to reduce them to 24x24 makes them look horrible on mobile devices, that is the point in the larger sized image so it scales with the device it is being viewed from.

As for a sprite, we'll probably do that once done with adding what needs added.

Steve

Fanatic
I mean, they're pretty and all,but... As I'm viewing the site on mobile I have absolutely no idea what any of them are? :whistle:

As far I can tell Morgana has won a trophy, got a medal, has a dog and seems to have survived hospital?
I've just added a small script to show tooltips on mobile (touch devices). Touching an icon brings up the tooltip. To close it touch the tooltip.

Last edited:

Sysnative

Habitué
Launch team? News to me I joined that one.

My premium membership also died, but I'm pretty sure it was meant to expire about two years ago so not really an issue. :D