Lack of Designs in SMF?

zappaDPJ

Administrator
Since DzinerStudio shut up shop there appears to be an ever diminishing choice when it comes to professional grade themes. There are still plenty of free to use themes but there's not a lot of choice when it comes to good quality responsive themes. There is also the issue that many themes are no longer maintained which leaves forum owners having to deal with bug fixes such as the recent login form bug.

XinYenFon

Developer
I have to note that, since I stopped all my projects related to SMF, I won't be developing themes for SMF 2.0 or 2.1 too.

Bigguy

W.U.B Owner
I forgot about fussilet. They have always had good themes.

H-DB

Enthusiast
I also use a responsive theme from SMF Tricks. I am very pleased with their work.

Pete

Flavours of Forums Forever
I really need to take another look at what they're doing, I might want to try to hire them to do something for me - I am many things, but designer is not one of them!

Pete

SMFTricks stuff is generally pretty solid.

Pete

I was wondering who they were for a minute but it's the studiocrimes crew having rebranded. I prefer this new name.

AllanD

Habitué
CrimeS is what I remember him posting as, and he did at one time have a couple ElkArte themes, none the less a good designer.

Deprecated

Participant
I have to note that, since I stopped all my projects related to SMF, I won't be developing themes for SMF 2.0 or 2.1 too.
I too stopped my mod package projects related to SMF. Their site got a bit too emo for me. I still write my own private mods.

I agree with the others that SMF Hacks has the good stuff.

SMF 2.0 is pretty plain jane. I haven't looked at 2.1 and I think I'll just stick with 2.0 and mod my own code.

Pete

2.1 does make some modding easier with more hooks etc. but it's about 5 years late.