Know a Wordpress site that has alot of interaction with members (comments, etc) ?

Digital Doctor

Tazmanian
Looking to see how Wordpress members interact with content.
Is it usually just with replies ?

cheat_master30

Fanatic
Usually. Don't think I've ever seen one where people are actually discussing with each other in a forum like fashion.

Although I did see a site (not WordPress) where Disqus was being used as an impromptu forum. As in, there were thousands of general chat comments between a regular userbase, with the pages meant purely as a way to display them. It was interesting, and showed me what a blog could potentially turn into.

meetdilip

Tazmanian Master
WP comment is good way in itself. I have seen many Android related blog posts with lot of doubts and clarifications by authors. Disqus is also a good means of interacting on a blog content.

Digital Doctor

Tazmanian
The best way to consider tools like WordPress - and its various distributions, like BuddyPress, or its add-ons like bbPress - is as platforms that can power a particular user experience. The Forum user experience, by and large, has been on a significant decline for the past seven years (and arguably longer than that), with fewer installs overall year-over-year and a shrinking market that is mostly confined to specialty and niche websites. WordPress, on the other hand, targets mainstream experiences -- specifically webpages and blogs, and even competing with Drupal in the creation of complex multi-content-type and database-driven website platforms.

The Forum Experience is, by and large, defined and, even with XenForo, hasn't changed in the past 15 years. That definitely tells you something both about the longevity of the platform's format and, unfortunately, its limited applicability.

Do you know of a Wordpress install where there is heavy user interaction ?
Discussion ?

Alundra

SMF Friend
http://www.scarymommy.com/ has a lot of comments sometimes, depends on the article.

They get most of their comments through facebook clicks and through email clicks.

As for comments plugins etc, I like wpDiscuz - Wordpress Comments with Social Login. It's really really really nice. No bull****! :D

cwvps

Aspirant
The most of WordPress sites and blogs commenting area functions really well with what they already have. Commenting beneath posts is enough for what the most of bloggers need, to my knowledge.

Digital Doctor

Tazmanian
Even Disqus has collapsible threaded discussion.

IMG_0855.PNG

They certainly didn't launch with the collapsible aspect. I wonder when they added it.