Code:
/**

* Parses smiley codes.

* @param    string        $text

* @return    string        text

*/

protected function parseSmilies($text, $enableHtml = false) {

foreach ($this->smilies as $code => $html) {

//$text = preg_replace('~(?<!&\w{2}|&\w{3}|&\w{4}|&\w{5}|&\w{6}|&#\d{2}|&#\d{3}|&#\d{4}|&#\d{5})'.preg_quote((!$enableHtml ? StringUtil::encodeHTML($code) : $code), '~').'(?![^<]*>)~', $html, $text);

$text = preg_replace('~(?<=^|\s|<li>)'.preg_quote((!$enableHtml ? StringUtil::encodeHTML($code) : $code), '~').'(?=$|\s|</li>'.(!$enableHtml ? '|<br />' : '').')~', $html, $text);

}

return $text;

}

Is this the piece of code that makes smilies parse? I'm just trying to understand how it works.

You cant just edit code with Woltlab like you do vbulletin.

You need to learn how to make a plugin or find someone who has done it already or willing to do it for you.

With the bot, you use it for a lot of things but I use it to replace the welcome message and PM that was available in vBulletin when you first register.

Sherrie

Fan
- Fixing the old vBulletin attachments after importing. Now they just show as [ ATTACH=CONFIG ]XXXX[ / ATTACH ] (no spaces) with the attachment added under the post.

I am pretty sure when I come across dodgy ones like that I just deleted the code that was showing as the attachment was still there?

demon326

Enthusiast
Found this in wcf\lib\system\bbcode\messageparser.php

[...]
Is this the piece of code that makes smilies parse? I'm just trying to understand how it works.

Please stay out of the files and report it in the bug forum, theyl check it out and fix if needed ;).

The bot addon can automate stuff for you, like auto bday message, welcome PM, auto topic close when condition X or Y has met.

surfingseacow

Aspirant
You cant just edit code with Woltlab like you do vbulletin.

You need to learn how to make a plugin or find someone who has done it already or willing to do it for you.

With the bot, you use it for a lot of things but I use it to replace the welcome message and PM that was available in vBulletin when you first register.

Please stay out of the files and report it in the bug forum, theyl check it out and fix if needed ;).

The bot addon can automate stuff for you, like auto bday message, welcome PM, auto topic close when condition X or Y has met.

I went all YOLO on my test forum, and although I know not a lot of php, all of the sudden I figured out that in that piece of code I quoted earlier, it had 2 similar lines of code. I know // kinda turns code into a comment (or something) so tried switching them around. remove the // in the first $text ... and added it to the second. And that seemed to work. Now checking for unwanted parsing.

Somehow I find it hilarious that the answer was just there the whole time :) Even more so on the woltlab forums.

VoXX

Participant
I'll admit the move to WBB was easier than my last upgrade in vb ( v 3.8 to v 4.0). I did have to do a second import after I did some house keeping to my vb rank system that was creating issues when I imported to WBB.

I do have the issue with attachments having messed up text, and some random bb code issues. Other than that it was a 20- 30 min setup.