I've seen it all now!

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
The only decent sherbet I've ever had was back in the late 90s. Grapefruit and bitter lemon, IIRC. I think I had it in Big Bear.

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
The only decent sherbet I've ever had was back in the late 90s. Grapefruit and bitter lemon, IIRC. I think I had it in Big Bear.
Fruity sherbert of all flavors was always in my Grandma's freezer - or frigidaire as she called it LOL. I always loved the rainbow flavor as it reminds of the neapolitan icecream. And the lemon was always a favorite. Kinda reminds you of Italian ice. And funny - she loved her some grapefruit too. I couldn't stand it unless you dip it in sugar, in which case YUM! IDK if rainbow sherbert is going on my shopping list again anytime soon - but most certainly thinking of Blue Bunny Bunny Tracks or Double Strawberry icecream though :p

J.

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
Fruity sherbert of all flavors was always in my Grandma's freezer - or frigidaire as she called it LOL. I always loved the rainbow flavor as it reminds of the neapolitan icecream. And the lemon was always a favorite. Kinda reminds you of Italian ice. And funny - she loved her some grapefruit too. I couldn't stand it unless you dip it in sugar, in which case YUM! IDK if rainbow sherbert is going on my shopping list again anytime soon - but most certainly thinking of Blue Bunny Bunny Tracks or Double Strawberry icecream though :p

J.

Can't say I've seen it. I can't say I've seen sherbet in a long time. I like Haagen Dazs's lemon sorbet though.

PoetJC

Can't say I've seen it. I can't say I've seen sherbet in a long time.
I hadn't thought about sherbert in 2 decades it seems. I only thought of it because if this silly thread LOL

I like Haagen Dazs's lemon sorbet though.
Never tried Haagen Daz lemon sorbet. It sounds yummy though!
I'm a bit of a stickler for citrus flavored deserts. May have to give the Haagen Daz a try. I've been having a sweet tooth lately for some reason.

J.

So... Rainbow sherbert was placed on my shopping list by some unsuspecting tool or other.. Long-story=short - I opted for Great Value sherbert and it was a disgusting MESS.

Never buy Great Value brand ice cream it is like a lot of other brands now that don't even sell Ice Cream but "frozen dairy product". You have to spend a little more for the good stuff but it's still out there (and at Wal-Mart), just need to pay attention to the labels and ingredients.

See this webpage for information: http://www.homemadehints.com/all-natural-ice-cream-brands/

I can't drink milk or eat most products that contain it because I'm lactose intolerant. I can eat Great Value "ice cream" by the tub and not suffer ill effects (aside from all the sugar), same deal with Mcdonalds milkshakes which don't bother me at all.

If I get a real milkshake at a place like Cookout I know I'd better be making my way home soon after finishing it. ;) I try to avoid milk but I LOVE ice cream and milkshakes so every now and again I'll have some, the suffering is worth it. :)

PoetJC

Never buy Great Value brand ice cream it is like a lot of other brands now that don't even sell Ice Cream but "frozen dairy product". You have to spend a little more for the good stuff but it's still out there (and at Wal-Mart), just need to pay attention to the labels and ingredients.

See this webpage for information: http://www.homemadehints.com/all-natural-ice-cream-brands/

I can't drink milk or eat most products that contain it because I'm lactose intolerant. I can eat Great Value "ice cream" by the tub and not suffer ill effects (aside from all the sugar), same deal with Mcdonalds milkshakes which don't bother me at all.

If I get a real milkshake at a place like Cookout I know I'd better be making my way home soon after finishing it. ;) I try to avoid milk but I LOVE ice cream and milkshakes so every now and again I'll have some, the suffering is worth it. :)
Ha! You know what?! See the video:

If I'd thought about that video - I'd never had bought the Great Value sherbert! And I never buy great value ice cream - I'm a Mayfields girl whenever it is that I'm not doing the Blue Bunny, my favorite.

As a rule of thumb, anything named "Great Value" usually doesn't live up to its namesake.
LOL. Well - I'm on a bit of a tight budget this month. And I haven't bought sherbert in at least 2 decades.
Some Great Value products are great though. I love their zero calorie sparkling lemonade for instance. Mostly I stick to namebrands - but had to try a few great value products this month. I only regret the sherbert purchase thus far anyway.

J.

davemacc

Fan
Ha! You know what?! See the video:

If I'd thought about that video - I'd never had bought the Great Value sherbert! And I never buy great value ice cream - I'm a Mayfields girl whenever it is that I'm not doing the Blue Bunny, my favorite.

J.

That's just a result of the gelatin in the ice-cream. A lot of ice-cream uses gelatin, especially home made as it acts as a stabilizer and allows the ice-cream to set quicker without a load of ice crystals. Looks like Wal-mart went a bit overboard with it though, probably reduces manufacturing cost by speeding up the process.

TimeDev

Participant
I.. words... have... not...

Epic ad though but damn with the kids and toilet paper as well!

Shawn Gossman

Tazmanian Master
I personally loved the Squatty-Potty commercial. I thought it was funny especially at the end.

Tracy Perry

Opinionated asshat
It was .... unique. Whomever created it has marketing potential in their genes.

mrbill

Enthusiast
1. Yes, it was a little gross. But I'd guess not as gross as if you tried to realistically demonstrate a defication product showing an easy way to discharge feces from our bodies. I don't think poop is as gross if you've raised children or lived on a farm. I never did a scientific study, but I'd swear my children had more poop coming out than the milk and food they took in. Maybe it's a man thingy, but I never got used to it.

poop.jpeg

2. A patent? Pull up a foot stool (no pun intended) and you're in business (again, no pun intended).

squatty potty.jpg or this for half the price--> amazon foot stool.jpg

AdamD

Devotee
Well what the hell :p
Still, never hurts to be reminded that Santa is human to! (I think)