It is possible to launch a forum and be a hit!

gogoblender

shiny happy pantless
Its from the same developers of Airport City - Its called The TribeZ. Currentyl available for Android, iPhone, iPad and Amazon.

A very addictive game which will eventually allow members to visit each other and send gifts etc.

Ive tried to keep things similar to my Airport City site. Ive also used a mod which allows members of Airport City to log into TribeZ Game without having to re-register (and vice versa)

www.AirportCityGame.com
www.TribeZGame.com

A phone game?
Very clever David
Is the majority of your community from computer or mobile?

:)

gogo

gogoblender

shiny happy pantless
Don't have any computer players, just people that play on their mobile or tablet.

Are you using Adsense for the mobile users for ads?
How does people logging in from phone impact this...was it better before when peeps were using desk tops or the same now from phones?

Teeny tiny screens... isn't it harder for them to click?

gogo

meetdilip

Tazmanian Master
Sorry, I dont quite understand. How do you mean?

I mean since Android and iOS apps are there you site is actually reducing the no. of app sales. Or are they free games. Why would Facebook want the same game somewhere else, won't they put exclusiveness to their game ? Does the game makers allow all to use the game for free ? No licensing fee or anything ?

How to do get these games ? As script ?

PS : Just curious.

DaveL

Habitué
Are you using Adsense for the mobile users for ads?
How does people logging in from phone impact this...was it better before when peeps were using desk tops or the same now from phones?

Teeny tiny screens... isn't it harder for them to click?

gogo

Sorry gogo, think I got the wrong end of the stick!
The games are mobile/tablet games, however the majority of members use their desktops to view the site.

DaveL

Habitué
I mean since Android and iOS apps are there you site is actually reducing the no. of app sales. Or are they free games. Why would Facebook want the same game somewhere else, won't they put exclusiveness to their game ? Does the game makers allow all to use the game for free ? No licensing fee or anything ?

How to do get these games ? As script ?

PS : Just curious.

I don't have anything to do with the actual games, I just run a community fan site for them!

GeorgeB.

what's the actual traffic like though? is it just a few hundred visitors per day? thousands?

DaveL

Habitué
what's the actual traffic like though? is it just a few hundred visitors per day? thousands?

Traffics not too bad to be honest. Varies per day with Friday being our busiest day as thats when the game developers update the game and give out freebies. We talking late hundreds to early thousands.

gogoblender

shiny happy pantless
You've hit on my favourite recipe.

- Find a popular game that doesn't have a good community site.
- Create a simple forum.
- Partner with other sites that are related to the game you're covering.
- Appoint enthusiastic moderators and administrators.

Step back, smile, move on to the next project. Rinse and repeat. ;)

Don't go givin away all the trade secrets Andy

:p

gogo

DaveL

Habitué
Just thought id give a little update on this thread.

Its been over two years since I launched my site and it still seems to be going pretty well with a very active community, all helping each other out.

I did however take a year out from playing the game, think I did too much at once and burned out. Luckily I had two great modertors who took the role of admin and kept the forum active and running. However im back no and everything seems to be going great. Current stats:

3,919 Members
91,226 Posts
6,682 Threads

Obviously a long way to go before becoming a big board, but hopefully in a few years!

The best thing is that a few days ago the actual game developer and designer (had been a member for 18 months, although online never posted) posted a thread highlighting what was coming up on the game in 2015 and also posted a promo code for forum members to use to get a special gift. (Didn't take long for this to circulate around the web!)

RaynerMedia

Participant
Just thought id give a little update on this thread.

Its been over two years since I launched my site and it still seems to be going pretty well with a very active community, all helping each other out.

I did however take a year out from playing the game, think I did too much at once and burned out. Luckily I had two great modertors who took the role of admin and kept the forum active and running. However im back no and everything seems to be going great. Current stats:

3,919 Members
91,226 Posts
6,682 Threads

Obviously a long way to go before becoming a big board, but hopefully in a few years!

The best thing is that a few days ago the actual game developer and designer (had been a member for 18 months, although online never posted) posted a thread highlighting what was coming up on the game in 2015 and also posted a promo code for forum members to use to get a special gift. (Didn't take long for this to circulate around the web!)

That's amazing to hear!

disturbed

Participant
I think they can be a instant hit but more often the sucessful long lasting forums are the ones that are cultivated over time

DaveL

Habitué
Just heard back from the lead developer of the game my site is about - He's going to promote it to his 145k facebook fan page tonight!

Should hopefully be in for a busy night with lots of new members joining!

bucket

badge consultant
cool!

maybe bump a few of the best threads to the top so they are easily seen