It is possible to launch a forum and be a hit!

gogoblender

shiny happy pantless
Dave, do you have to make massive posts a day to keep the ball going? I'm not knowing much this game... does it allow team play or clans?

:)

gogo

DaveL

Habitué
Hi gogo.

Not at all, maybe 10-15 posts a day. The forum seems to be running itself and the membership is increasing daily. Already at 14 new members sign up and validate today.

You build your own airport, but to upgrade the planes, hangers, control towers etc you need to collect items. Those items come randomly from flights so it can take an awful long time to progress. To speed this up, you can send one item to 20 people on your friends list per day.

People are signing up to the site and talking about which items they are going to send to each other. Hope that makes sense!

Got some really good active members on the site - Couldnt have asked for more really!

GSJackson

Aspirant
I would say it's possible to turn any forum into a hit, just that with some niches it's going to take a lot more time.

Some people do a lot of research, some are just lucky and stumble across a hit. :)
I challenge you to that i want you to make a popular forum about eating deodorant niche.:jiggy:

DaveL

Habitué
Three weeks old and the current stats show:

172 Members
2445 Posts

Fingers crossed it will continue!

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
I challenge you to that i want you to make a popular forum about eating deodorant niche.:jiggy:

Fetish sites are probably the easiest ones to get going nowadays. Is there something you'd like to tell us? :lildevil:

DaveL

Habitué
Hopefully within the next week going to hit the 10,000 post mark!

Game was recently released on iPhone and iPad which has increased out audience!

lurkalot

Adherent
Well done Dave. You're good at this stuff.

I launched my GG site four days ago, and so far I've got two spammers, and a mate of mine from another site. oh, and me. lol..

andymci

Participant
You've hit on my favourite recipe.

- Find a popular game that doesn't have a good community site.
- Create a simple forum.
- Partner with other sites that are related to the game you're covering.
- Appoint enthusiastic moderators and administrators.

Step back, smile, move on to the next project. Rinse and repeat. ;)

DaveL

Habitué
Thanks everyone for your replies :)

Forum still seems to be going from strength to strength! The site has an awful lot of regular members so has a great community feel. They are also very helpful towards new members which is a great help.

Current stats (Forum is 8 months old):

2,095 threads
25,650 posts
1,245 confirmed members

DaveL

Habitué
Wish me luck! Thought id see if I would be able to pull it off again!

Day 2 of the new forum and these are the stats:

Discussions:37
Members:14
Fingers crossed!

gogoblender

shiny happy pantless
Hey Dave!

Using that recipe again, got a new or forgotten game you're going to support?
Great seeing Airport's still doing well!

goo

meetdilip

Tazmanian Master
Just wondering why should people post while playing ? My experience is limited to Farmville.

gogoblender

shiny happy pantless
Just wondering why should people post while playing ? My experience is limited to Farmville.

heh, my entire site, wiki and downloads section is based on people playing while posting and wanting to fraternize outside of a game environment

Ultimately, it's about providing a different experience of engagement of playing... and we all need breaks from too many hours of gaming.

CMS's, forum allow people to write up and contribute handy guides and recounting of game experiences.

gogo

DaveL

Habitué
Hi gogo, yes using the same recipe but on another game!

Our AirportCity forum celebrates its 1st birthday tomorrow! How time flys!

DaveL

Habitué

The games I tend to set up forums for require participation -Sending gifts to each other to complete missions etc.

DaveL

Habitué
oooh, what game?

:D

gogo

Its from the same developers of Airport City - Its called The TribeZ. Currentyl available for Android, iPhone, iPad and Amazon.

A very addictive game which will eventually allow members to visit each other and send gifts etc.

Ive tried to keep things similar to my Airport City site. Ive also used a mod which allows members of Airport City to log into TribeZ Game without having to re-register (and vice versa)

www.AirportCityGame.com
www.TribeZGame.com