Question Is there a ghost here?

Danielx64

Developer
Not sure if it just me but I been getting alerts and there nothing there... I really hope that it not back.

Just curious if anyone else getting it.

Thank you :)

ozzy47

Tazmanian Master
Strange, I have not received any. Do you have any people on ignore?

ozzy47

Tazmanian Master
If what I thought it was, you would have had two, a ghost one and one for the post above yours.

Danielx64

Developer
Well I did went to check my email and saw that a reply was posted so I used the link in the email. Right after making my reply I did go and open it and that was that there was a reply to a topic that I started. I think I will wait till others come forward if they are having the same problem.

Ummagumma

Adherent
I've just seen this - I get them too.. I keep getting repeat alerts for ozzy47 o_O
Just thought I'd mention it..

ozzy47

Tazmanian Master
I've just seen this - I get them too.. I keep getting repeat alerts for ozzy47 o_O
Just thought I'd mention it..

Because you are following me. So you will get one when I reply to a thread you are watching, and one cause you are following.

Ummagumma

Adherent
Because you are following me. So you will get one when I reply to a thread you are watching, and one cause you are following.
Indeed but some alerts.. How can I explain this better.. Okay I get an alert you respond to one thing. I go back to work, and see in my tab here there's another alert, so I check it and there's nothing there only a show of your last post?
Just thought it was odd as it repeats itself a few times... Unless it's normal (expected behaviour)
ah well. :)

Nebulous

Hakuna Matata
I've seen this on a few XF boards. The admin here could try going to the /install directory and click "Rebuild Master Data" ...if that doesn't work, an add on might be causing it. Don't quote me on any of this though, I'm just speculating. :p

Ummagumma

Adherent
Still getting them peeps. I don't get this anywhere else. I've had three this eve alone. :lisa: :foilhat:

Maxxamillion

Gaming Geek
Happens to me, seems to occur when I have looked at the alert on say mobile then try look at it on laptop it just shows a blank space as I've already viewed it

Danielx64

Developer
Happens to me, seems to occur when I have looked at the alert on say mobile then try look at it on laptop it just shows a blank space as I've already viewed it
That interesting because I see it happen more when on my phone than desktop but then I have javascript turned off as well (on my phone)

Danielx64

Developer
Ok this is a bit of a joke, today it been quite bad. Can someone please tell me what I should do?