Is there a better server?

Triops

Aspirant
Is anybody happy with Hetzner?

I would like to switch from the AWS because they are just too expensive for what they deliver (few/little vCPUs + RAM for EC2, RDS, ES) and could imagine a root or dedicated server (I am not a good Linux admin myself and would have to ask others for help) or their cloud services. The latter are also expensive if you go for dedicated hardware.

Alpha1

Administrator
Is anybody happy with Hetzner?

I would like to switch from the AWS because they are just too expensive for what they deliver (few/little vCPUs + RAM for EC2, RDS, ES) and could imagine a root or dedicated server (I am not a good Linux admin myself and would have to ask others for help) or their cloud services. The latter are also expensive if you go for dedicated hardware.
Yes, very happy. Great network, hardware, interface, cheap. You will need a server management service that specializes in XF. Ken (mysiteguy ) and MattW should be able to help you with that.
I am currently on:

Poweredge R320 - with 8Gb of memory RAM ( DDR3 ) and 2 array raid by 500GB ( sata ) and 120 GB ( SSD )

they offer maintainance and support

I pay around around 1800$ a year
Is there anything better?
Consider to host on a relatively cheap VPS by Vultr, Linode, Digital Ocean and have a XenForo hosting expert set it up and manage it.
If you talk to MattW or mysiteguy then you will be able to greatly slash your costs, without loosing performance. You will probably increase performance.

we_are_borg

Tazmanian
Was years with Hetzner really good hosting on Dedicate, VPS and cloud. The drawback was for me no Plesk or cPanel for cheap. Now with Strato there cheap and good.