Is linking a facebook group to a fb page beneficial?

evcom

Aspirant
Facebook groups can be linked to your facebook page. Once linked, it will show a small banner below the group image, like "group by -title of your facebook page-".
Many of us use a facebook page to drive traffic to their forums. Do you think linking a group to a facebook page helps to increase page likes, visitors to that page and eventually new forum user sign-ups?

My experience so far is, that while facebook can serve to increase traffic to your forum, it hardly produces any new forum sign-ups. So I am not convinced that linking a group to a facebook has a useful benefit and I think it is better to invest the time into quality forum content.

What is your opinion about this?

Matt M

Director Development at Invision Community
If you add a FB group, you'll likely end up with most people using that instead of the forum, which may or may not be beneficial to you.

martin smith

Enthusiast
This also gives your community a brand recognition boost. You can also comment in your group as your Facebook page As you can see on the screenshot, another of the Facebook Page admins can leave a comment, and the Group admins can see who left the comment.