Is anyone using the new Xenforo Articles thead types

DigNap15

Adherent
I would like to start using them
My problem (in my head) is that mine is a general and politics forum (in a small country)
I am not sure which of my 37 (if any) forum categories to allow articles in
Or would I start a new category just for articles
And would I allow all my users to start articles?

sanction9

Enthusiast
Nope, not here, since I don't currently have any real need to write articles. I would use them in some existing nodes for the cool formatting and display options, but unfortunately you don't get any of that outside of nodes created for articles only. Plus, if you could simply rename "article" to something else, (and do it per node would be even better) it would make the whole system much more flexible, but no doubt it's one of those things easier imagined than implemented. Still, good to have for those who need it, so I'm glad it's there. Might have a use for it one day. :tup:

DigNap15

Adherent
I have a general forum, with a motoring category (node) called First Gear.
I turned it into an Article type. And wrote an article on The Beloroussian car market.
I probably need more more skill in laying out the article content, but it certainly was not inuitive and took me a while to get the word wraps etc.

Aside from the fact that the top of the article was reapeated, there was not much difference.
But I'd like to use Articles more, to improve the content of our forum

MartyF

Aspirant
We use articles in our forum (XF2.2). Users can create any article they want as in certain nodes/forums they have the option of creating a new thread as either discussion, article or question.

By creating an article rather than discussion the first post ie the article always displays at the top of the page thus making it easier for readers to refer back, if needed, to as they are reading the comments.

Articles are, or should be, used for something that is akin to an article in a magazine not just for a general discussion on a subject matter.

afaik, in all my research Google bots (and other SEs) like articles and thus rank them more than other posts on the web, hence (I’ve been led to believe) their inclusion in XF2.