Is anyone gonna be sorry to see 2020 go?

Nev_Dull

Anachronism
I can't complain about 2020. A couple of people I know have tested positive, but no one has died or gotten severely ill. While I don't enjoy wearing a mask (mask beard is pretty ugly), I don't have to do it often. Social distancing and self isolation are pretty much how I live anyway.

I can't help but think of a guy I got to know many years ago in uni. I was dating a girl who studied dance and her teacher was this easygoing, soft spoken man called Reg. He had wanted to be a dancer his whole life, and in his early twenties, he was in line for his dream job; a principal with the National Ballet. Then another bad patch came (I guess you could call it a pandemic of sorts) and Reg gave up his dream to go to England and fly Hurricanes in the Battle of Britain. He made it home, unlike most of his mates, but his opportunity with the ballet had passed. Compared to what he and countless others went through, I can't really winge about having to play video games and watch tv instead of going out.

Klaatu

Fan
I'm not sorry to see it go — but I have no reason to think that 2021 will be better. I hope I'm wrong, but I see a lot more violence than usual in 2021.

NYCGuy76

Fanatic
I really didn't mind 2020. It was a good year for me to be honest. It could've been worse it could've been better but nevertheless a good year for me.

TLChris

Administrator
I'm eager to see what comes next year and what it will bring.

However, I try to, not to waste or wish away time to fast forward through it...in case you haven't seen that part in Adam Sandler's Click.

Matt M

Director Development at Invision Community
Everyone's IPS licence expired and now they don't have access to their old ones or fancy new market, so they all sad :(
Ah, so that’s why people are wearing masks. It’s to hide the mouthing of rude words muttered in annoyance while shopping for eggs and milk.

Matt M

Director Development at Invision Community
It’s been a challenging year for sure. When the world starting to shut down in March, I don’t mind admitting I was worried. We didn’t know what was going to happen next. I remember walking up and down the empty aisles of our local supermarket in shock at how little food was left.

I’ve been grateful for our Invision Community family. We’ve helped each other get through the year, even with ”mandatory fun” Zoom games. I’m thankful for our customers too. Hearing from a big brand customer on our monthly sync call that they’ve enjoyed working with us and excited for the year ahead helps lift the team.

On the plus side, I’ve spent more time with the kids (and learned how to mute Zoom in seconds) and starting to re-evaluate all the things we did out of pure habit and looking to build a better life for the future.

R0binHood

Habitué
It's a monumental disaster. The Dutch are confiscating our sandwiches :eek:

How. Dare. They.

I bet you that Dutch lot will probably keep all those delicious sandwiches, flavour them in one of their famous Dutch ovens and keep them all to themselves to eat as a lovely snack.

Shawn Gossman

Tazmanian Master
2020 has been a challenge but the masking and social distance isn't going anywhere. 2021 is going to include it as well. We don't know enough about the vaccine to know how long it will work and so on... and even if you don't get the infection from SARS-CoV-2, if you get the droplets on you, most likely it can still be spread. 2021 is going to be the same. Even WHO says it.

And now we have the variants. The UK one and I think I read a second one may be identified-can't accurately say that one for sure yet.

I have a degree in Homeland Security. My concentration is emergency management and public health. Ebola was the potential crisis when I was in my courses and we wrote papers about what's going on right now but it was Ebola in aerosol form and it was and would have been way worse than this. But these pandemics don't just go away. Especially now that we have way more people alive and close to everyone verses back when the last one was occurring. Ebola even still very exists especially in Africa.

People just have to be smart about it. We can beat this if we use common sense.