Is anyone gonna be sorry to see 2020 go?

The Sandman

Administrator
I for one am looking forward to 2021! 2020 really sucked.

There are a lot of things I’d love to see happen in the New Year, but let’s start with not needing to wear a damn mask in public anymore. 😷

Abizaga

I am a tuna sandwich!

There are a lot of things I’d love to see happen in the New Year, but let’s start with not needing to wear a damn mask in public anymore. 😷
Nah I won't miss it at all.

Alpha1

Administrator
I'm not at all optimistic about 2021. I mean, I thought 2019 was crazy. Then 2020 happened. So whats next? Alien invasion? Zombie apocalypse? World domination for Liechtenstein? vbulletin becomes a thing? And then what? Joe Exotic 2024?

A little normalcy would be nice, and surprising as well.

Jim McClain

Senior Citizen

I wish I had discovered years ago that wearing a mask would help me more than anything else avoid catching a cold. Severe COPD has sapped my immune system since 2005 and nearly every time I am around someone who has a cold has resulted in me getting one too. Countless times that also has meant a trip to the ER in respiratory distress. When mask wearing began last March, I reluctantly complied. Even when I was told by my doctors that I was exempt from the mask mandate because of my lung disease (it is more difficult to breathe with a mask on), I kept wearing them because I live in a community that seems to be profoundly anti-mask. I haven't been sick a single day yet. I think I will continue to wear a mask when I shop or am in close proximity to others throughout 2021 and maybe even beyond.

Besides that, I am looking forward to spending more time with a new toy I bought last June. It gets me out in the fresh air, gives me great excitement and joy and lets me combine one of my favorite hobbies, landscape photography. I have to wait for fairer weather though (there's ice & snow here in winter).

Who said this 71-year old should be in a rocking chair instead of on a Vespa?

cornnfedd

Captain Futurama
Yes 2020 can go get ....

But if you think 2021 is going to be any better then I would buckle up... 2021 in my mind will be another bad year.

I am however looking forward to 2022... :)

woody

eternal noobie
...let’s start with not needing to wear a damn mask in public anymore. 😷
Obviously, that depends on where you live :D

2020 has been a banner year for site revenue, site traffic has been consistent, I've put over 2000 miles on the MTB, my stock portfolio is killing it, and other than a limited travel schedule (only one camping trip to Mexico wasn't enough), our day-to-day has remained relatively unchanged. Clearly, there are things I wish were better globally...

Our 2021 is already full of plans, including two weeks on a catamaran in the Bahamas with friends, a month in the Colorado mountains, and a bunch of long weekend camping trips throughout the SW US and into Baja.

Back to the shop to keep building my new rockcrawler :)

zappaDPJ

Administrator
I've not really left my bunker, aka my recording studio since March. After losing a few friends and family to covid early on paranoia set in and I even stopped going out to jog.

Everything I was involved with work wise has been cancelled indefinitely and as I'm self-employed and on an irregular income I don't get a penny from the crooks and thieves in Her Majesty's (UK) Government. Conversely they will take the pennies from a dead person's eyes when it comes to inheritance tax and having to act as executor for the deceased just adds to the misery of it all.

So 2020 and can kiss my hairy... :unsure:

doubt

Tazmanian
Everything I was involved with work wise has been cancelled indefinitely and as I'm self-employed and on an irregular income I don't get a penny from the crooks and thieves in Her Majesty's (UK) Government. Conversely they will take the pennies from a dead person's eyes when it comes to inheritance tax and having to act as executor for the deceased just adds to the misery of it all.
Come to OZ, Zappa.
You can be still a fan of Her Majesty but there is no inheritance tax.

Heisenberg

Neophyte
As someone that's pretty antisocial I've actually found this year to be ok. Some negatives but on the whole feel quite positive. However I appreciate that I've been fortunate in many ways, namely that I've not lost anyone close to me or been hit financially due to government support. Would be quite a different story otherwise and feel for the people who've lost family, friends and their livelihoods.

Nev_Dull

Anachronism
Come to OZ, Zappa.
You can be still a fan of Her Majesty but there is no inheritance tax.
No, no. The Great White North is the place you want to be. Our economy is doing fairly well under the pandemic. We also still have Herself on our currency and of course, there's snow. White Christmases and skiing and -40C and icy streets and broken hips and... never mind. I wonder how much a ticket to Oz is?

zappaDPJ

Administrator
No, no. The Great White North is the place you want to be. Our economy is doing fairly well under the pandemic. We also still have Herself on our currency and of course, there's snow. White Christmases and skiing and -40C and icy streets and broken hips and... never mind. I wonder how much a ticket to Oz is?

Choices, choices! I've got to go with the snow. Somewhat strangely as I've got older my body prefers the cold.

southernlady

Devotee
I never try to wish time away. You can never get it back. Has 2020 been difficult, yes but I’m pretty much a hermit by nature so very little has changed. And I don’t see 2021 getting better at least the first half.