IPS Marketplace 2018 Black Friday Sale

Joel R

Fan
blackfriday2b.thumb.jpg.jpg

THE BIGGEST SALE OF THE YEAR IS COMING BACK TO THE IPS MARKETPLACE!! !! !!

THE TALENTED AND AMAZING IPS MARKETPLACE COMMUNITY IS COMING TOGETHER AGAIN FOR THE SECOND ANNUAL MARKETPLACE BLACK FRIDAY SALE!!

FOR THREE SHORT WEEKS ONLY, GET THE BEST PRICES OF THE ENTIRE YEAR FROM ALL OF YOUR FAVORITE THEMERS, DESIGNERS, AND CODERS.

RING IN THE HOLIDAYS WITH SOME STOCKING STUFFERS FOR YOUR COMMUNITY MEMBERS. GET NEW THEMES AND NEW APPS!

BUY THE GIFTS THAT KEEP ON GIVING WITH MODS THAT WILL DELIGHT AND ENTERTAINMENT YOUR USERS THROUGHOUT THE YEAR.

The IPS Marketplace Black Friday sale is the largest community sale that goes on once a year, exclusively during the Black Friday season. The sale goes from November 9 - November 30, so hurry for the best sales on your holiday themes, must-have plugins, and new apps. These will be the lowest prices of the year.

All of the most trusted and respected modders from the IPS community are participating again in our IPS Marketplace Black Friday sale. Our list of participants is a Who's Who of the Invision scene: Adrian Faria, Newbie LAC, Mike John, DawPI, onlyME, Fosters, OpenType, Faqole, A Zayed, TheJackal84, Invision HQ, Ehren, IBTheme, Pete T, Steve00, Mark Round, TAMAN, Veilon, Heosforo, Lis Koduje, Brian A, Teascu Dorin, JCDesign and others.

We're the only third-party community that comes together for the Black Friday sale, as a sign of unison during the holiday season. We're proud to extend and support the amazing communities of IPS clients into new and wonderful days. As admins of our own IPS communities, we know how important it is to customize the design and functions of our communities and create special experiences for our users.

❤ from the IPS Marketplace

Announcement Topic >>

we_are_borg

Administrator
What i find weird is that you get discount on apps, themes and plugins but no discount on the renewal of IPS it self.

doubt

Tazmanian
What i find weird is that you get discount on apps, themes and plugins but no discount on the renewal of IPS it self.
It's voluntary for the developers to join.
Some addon developers for IPS are joining, IPS' developers are not joining.

peteuk82

Aspirant
IPS it self we have there own event late on in November (normal do) But us developer never included into this so many big name for second join have given discount off plugins, themes and add-ons it's not required but we feel should give back to clients that want custom there site Vs out box ips.

we_are_borg

Administrator
It's voluntary for the developers to join.
Some addon developers for IPS are joining, IPS' developers are not joining.
IPS it self we have there own event late on in November (normal do) But us developer never included into this so many big name for second join have given discount off plugins, themes and add-ons it's not required but we feel should give back to clients that want custom there site Vs out box ips.
That developers can join is great they can give discount to there add-ons, themes or on development, so the more join the more people can choose. But what is weird that black friday in the US is also companies that give discount. What i find weird is that IPS asked the developers if they want to join black Friday sales but IPS them self's are not joining in that is weird.

DanielF

Participant
IPS didn't ask anybody to join Black Friday sales, that's handled and organized by our amazing 3rd party developer community.

Maddox

Habitué
I think it's an amazing gesture from the third party developers to voluntarily offer these discounts. I for one will be buying a few apps and addons that I have been looking at for a while. Some of the developers are offering a buy-one-get-one-free which is incredibly generous. It's quite humbling when you see the number of developers who are joining in; good on them and more power to them for the future.

A massive thumbs up A1.png and a huge thank you come_to_daddy.png

we_are_borg

Administrator
Its good to see that a community can organize this by there own without a company asking for it. It shows that the community is trying to help people with not so much money in their pockets. What Maddox says :tup:
big thumbs up.

R0binHood

Habitué
How does buying work in that marketplace? Does IPS process the transactions? Or are they all offloaded to each 3rd party's shop like XF?

I checked a few listings and it seemed I was blocked from buying anything even though I was logged in.

upload_2018-11-14_13-54-24.png

Is it because I don't have a licence and they verify that and so won't let me buy anything?

I was looking at the clubs yesterday too and found this listing. I was very confused as to why Invision was selling an enhancement plugin that most people in the reviews say is essential to get better functionality.

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8604-clubs-enhancements/

I'm assuming now that InivisionHQ is not an official account? If so, that's incredibly confusing as it looks official to someone new.

Maddox

Habitué
I was looking at the clubs yesterday too and found this listing. I was very confused as to why Invision was selling an enhancement plugin that most people in the reviews say is essential to get better functionality.
Clubs is new to Invision and so as with all forum softwares there were areas found lacking, so a third party stepped up to the plate and addressed some of those shortcomings. I would like to see Clubs get some TLC for the upcoming 4.4 release, but we'll have to wait and see what Invision have planned.

How does buying work in that marketplace? Does IPS process the transactions? Or are they all offloaded to each 3rd party's shop like XF?
Payment is processed through Invision no matter what you buy in the marketplace. It's done through PayPal whether you have a PayPal account or not and it's very easy to purchase and manage your addons. As to why you cannot buy, if your account is active with a current license and you cannot purchase then drop Invision a line to see if they can resolve the issue. If you don't have a current license then you can't buy.

I've always found the buying process very easy and professional and you can manage your purchases any time you wish through your account.

;)

R0binHood

Habitué
Interesting, thanks Maddox :)

So does IPS take a cut of every transaction?

A more useful notice or bit of feedback that I need a licence to buy add ons would be good. I know most people wouldn't look to buy an add on without a licence, but as someone who is experimenting with the software a more user friendly notice as to why I'm not permitted to purchase or download would be good for clarity.

I'm also surprised that they've allowed someone to call themselves InvisionHQ if they don't work for the company.

I've found navigating the community there a bit confusing too. They seem to be using three different names for the marketplace.

Downloads, Files and Marketplace. Which makes searching for stuff and navigating in the shop confusing. It would be nice if everything was consistent.

upload_2018-11-14_14-25-24.png

Last edited:

Maddox

Habitué
Yeah when you're in the marketplace and you want to search the downloads option appears in the search menu, which is basically all the files in the marketplace. I believe the confusion comes from having two distinct apps, one for the files in the marketplace and one (which is the commerce app) that deals with the payment side. However, if you are just browsing the marketplace it's pretty much the same as any other marketplace with categories, etc.

I also agree that some of the default notices are not explicitly clear as to why you can't do whatever - they simply tell you can't and not why. I suppose this is something that can be looked at by the developers so that they are more clear.

As for InvisionHQ, I believe this user has been around for quite a while and as it's just a username with no affiliation towards the company there's no real harm in it. If the company were picky about usernames they could have added it to the not available list and asked the person to change their username. I believe that most of the regulars know that this person is not affiliated with the company.

;)

Joel R

Fan
That developers can join is great they can give discount to there add-ons, themes or on development, so the more join the more people can choose. But what is weird that black friday in the US is also companies that give discount. What i find weird is that IPS asked the developers if they want to join black Friday sales but IPS them self's are not joining in that is weird.
This is independent and self-organized specifically by the Marketplace for clients.

IPS usually hosts their own Black Friday sale.

Last edited:

Joel R

Fan
We've had several new developers and themers join the Marketplace Black Friday sale. This is the most complete Black Friday sale of the Marketplace with several joining for the first time. We're also the only forum community to self-organize a Black Friday sale on behalf of the community, and we hope all IPS clients will enjoy these discounts!

Marketplace contributors who recently joined:
  • Ilya Hoilik
  • Coding Jungle
  • BomAle
  • stoo2000
  • All Astronauts
  • Kuba6850
  • Puffysticks.
  • Rovisiontech
Announcement topic here: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/449015-announcement-marketplace-black-friday-sale/

Maddox

Habitué
Yeah it's been great, I got a total of six items and each one has been fantastic to install, tweak and integrate into my site; over the weekend I'll be adding content to the apps and plugins. The developers have been incredibly generous and very helpful. I even bagged a 20% off renewal from IPS themselves extending my licence for another 6 months. A real joy bringer!

A1.png

gogoblender

shiny happy pantless
I missed this...thanks for the awesome FYI Joel and will check out some goodies ! Big fan of IPS for years and years... Terrific seeing this spring up and from the commjunity!

:gogo:

gogo