iPhone 7 & Apple Watch 2

BioWarfare

The uphill battle
I have the 64gb iPhone SE that I just bought back in April day after release. I like the new iPhone 7 and I wouldn't hesitate to buy it if I had the money. But I want a larger and more modern phone. I like my current phone of course, but it's just so that I wasn't using my 4 year old iPhone 4S anymore. :p

I already dropped and cracked my SE screen. Fortunately I bought Apple Care. When I first bought the phone I didn't agree to purchasing Apple Care since I had my 4S for years and it didn't have a single scratch. But one day my car's blower motor and blower regulator went out and caused smoke to come through my car's AC vents and as I was getting out of my car in the process of calling a local service center, I dropped and cracked my phone's screen. It was a pretty bad frustrating ordeal. Right before I was headed into work too. :morganna:

BioWarfare

The uphill battle
Some days you need to just go back home, and go back to bed.
I would've but I have never called into work. And I can't afford to since where I work, we have so few people that if one person calls in, the whole department will be behind. I also live a pretty far way from my job so if I drove home I'd be hitting rush hour traffic again and getting even more frustrated. It was a lose/lose scenario.

R0binHood

Habitué
I really want to get the 7+ for the camera and better new zoom functionality, I don't know if I can handle the size though.

Pretty sure it won't fit well into some of my pants pockets after playing with the 6S+ last year and going for the 6S instead. They need to get rid of those bloody big bezels already.

zappaDPJ

I certainly won't be buying a 7 now or at any time in the future, I'll be getting a an SE.

In my view the 7 has at least three issues that I think might hurt Apple in the long run. Firstly I think it's over-priced, especially so in the UK. The £599 ($796) - £919 ($1222) price range is too much for the technology involved. Secondly that technology is hardly bleeding edge, people buy Apple because their design and innovation is often ahead of the game. This phone is simply treading water.

Finally there's the lost headphone socket, a good idea, terribly implemented. Selling a phone without earphones included is going to lose a lot of sales. Selling earphones separately at five times the cost is stupidity on a stick. Are they five times better? Do they sound five times better? Are you five times less likely to break/drop/lose them than earphones connected via a cable? Apart from the benefits of losing a socket I can't think of a single improvement they have to offer.

An SE will suit me fine thank you very much.

BioWarfare

The uphill battle
people buy Apple because their design and innovation is often ahead of the game.

iPhone just comes with a prestige that can't be beat. On an unrelated note, I think you will enjoy the SE if you don't mind a smaller phone. It'd be about $630 (excluding taxes) after Apple Care, if you choose to buy, which I recommend, for the 64gb model. While you're at it, Sprint has an unlimited plan for $60 that I am currently using.

Steve

Fanatic
Don't think so, there are cheaper options for wireless/blue tooth ear buds.

zappaDPJ

There is included ear buds with a lightening connecter.

I've just noticed that plus there's a Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Jack Adapter included. Were they intended to be included at the launch? It didn't seem to be the case. Regardless that makes the loss of the socket fairly painless.

R0binHood

Habitué
Anyone gonna buy the $160 ear buds?

I don't think so, but their removal of the headphone jack will force me to research cheaper wireless bluetooth headphones for when I'm driving so I can still charge.. Looks like they're forcing me to make the jump to wireless, not complaining though. Will probably end up being safer for driving actually.

Steve

Fanatic
but their removal of the headphone jack will force me to research cheaper wireless bluetooth headphones for when I'm driving so I can still charge.

Russ mentioned these to me, he uses them while running and says they work well.

Edit: Ugh.. damn amazon links...

https://www.amazon.com/SoundPEATS-Bluetooth-Headphones-Earphones-Sweatproof/dp/B00LP6CFEC/ref=pd_ybh_a_35?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=02TVDPF4G3017YC4BEMF

Edit 2: See if this works.
http://goo.gl/oNN2JY

R0binHood

Habitué
Nice, only £14 here in the UK, worth a punt! Just need to get my iPhone reservation sorted now, all unavailable at my local store.

Will have to count on newly released daily stock once they start shipping, should be alright, I reckon they hold back loads of stock from the online system as there always seems to be new stock arriving at stores even when some of those who ordered the day pre-orders when live have to wait for a few weeks after release date.

BeyBrad

Adherent
I bought an iPhone SE today. lol

Happy to finally upgrade from my 5. SE is a great little gadget and a really good value, especially considering nobody is making quality phones in this size anymore.

D

Deleted member 103109

Surprised no one has mentioned the new devices coming from Apple this month. I guess it goes to show how things kind of wear off over time and how the hype isn't all it use to be.

iPhone 7+ is supposed to have dual cameras and a small design change (thinner). iPhone 7 isn't rumored to have the dual camera setup but it is sort of up in the air still. Both phones are said to have a 2 new colors although at a limited supplies. The new iPhone's are also supposed to be more water resistant than previous models, probably the reason for removing the headphone jack possibly.

Apple Watch 2, not a huge change other than more battery life (larger battery), thinner design with better water resistance.

I am probably going to skip this series of iPhone's and wait for the iPhone 8, but I am interested in the new watches :)
I am interested in the new watches as well but will probably just stick with my current. I am mainly interested in the new GPS features.