Invision's forums ca. 2002

NYCGuy76

Fanatic
I don’t know why but I prefer to use styles like that on my forum. As a matter of fact I get my styles coded by ipsfocus.com to make my forums have that classic look.

sixlxvi

Participant
I don’t know why but I prefer to use styles like that on my forum. As a matter of fact I get my styles coded by ipsfocus.com to make my forums have that classic look.
I design free styles for XF that are mostly inspired by what I consider to be the golden days of the Internet, the 2000s. Sites had personality back then and I miss it. I really enjoy creating that type of design. I also have 100s of bookmarks of sites that are modern and responsive but are styled to look nostalgic. I love it.

NYCGuy76

Fanatic
I design free styles for XF that are mostly inspired by what I consider to be the golden days of the Internet, the 2000s. Sites had personality back then and I miss it. I really enjoy creating that type of design. I also have 100s of bookmarks of sites that are modern and responsive but are styled to look nostalgic. I love it.
Are you the one that made that style that looks like the old vbulletin on there? I used that style when I had my Xenforo forum.

Deathstarr

Forum Owner
IPB was a staple for me in the early days. I used it exclusivly. I miss Invisionfree and some the designs that was created for Invisionfree Forums were master peices of the time and way better then paid themes for the time. (2003-2006). I loved 2.0 and there were some great services for the 2.0 days.

Taylor J

Fan
IPB was a staple for me in the early days. I used it exclusivly. I miss Invisionfree and some the designs that was created for Invisionfree Forums were master peices of the time and way better then paid themes for the time. (2003-2006). I loved 2.0 and there were some great services for the 2.0 days.
I'll say this every time someone brings it up. If I was able to get the last copy of 2.x and be able to use it I would start up so many adventures lmao

FTL

Adherent
I'll say this every time someone brings it up. If I was able to get the last copy of 2.x and be able to use it I would start up so many adventures lmao
If you buy a license (very expensive, I know) would they not allow you to download all versions right down to the first one? XenForo allows this, for example.

Pete

Flavours of Forums Forever
No, they only let you download current versions, even if your licence was attached to older versions, e.g. I can’t download 3.4 even though my licence was around at that time.

Also if your licence expired you can’t download anything until you renew (vs XF “download the last version you were licensed for”)

• Sad
Reactions: FTL

FTL

Adherent
Pete That's a bummer. Their customer service really could do with some improvement. I'm glad that I downloaded the version available when I bought the license off that ex forum owner back in 2014 as I still plan to try it out sometime locally on my home PC, something I've been meaning to do for ages. Whether I renew it to have a play around with the latest version is another matter.