Invision vs XenForo - Invision has anonymous posting, Xenforo has prefixes, I need both

Lewis3262

Aspirant
I'm looking at opening a forum for a small community. Previously I've used MyBB for years, but it's really lagging behind now, with it still not being responsive out of the box.

I've been looking at Invision and XenForo, and I'm split. I like the native anonymous posting feature of Invision and feels much better organised (yes, I know XenForo has an anonymous posting plugin but no thanks), but XenForo's prefixes system with permissions as well as the custom fields are equally as powerful. Both softwares are good, but neither are a complete fit.

I'm certainly not fixated on either software. Invision has a weak support policy and has had some whacky price increases, but equally I caught XenForo censoring some of my pre-sales question threads and they banned me when I called them out on it. But there's no doubt that both of their software offerings are compelling and powerful.

But equally I've look at the large selection of other forum software, and while they may look prettier or be faster, like Discourse or WoltLab Burning Board, they lack the advanced options of Invision and XenForo. And I won't ever touch vBulletin, nor will I create groups or subreddits on existing platforms.

Not really sure what I'm expecting here, but I am keen to get a forum going (self hosted PHP). Unless there's an equally powerful forum software out there that I haven't found yet, I'm scratching my head here wondering if I can ever get a forum going without having to consider hiring developers with a non-existant budget to develop the missing features that the opposite software has.

Nev_Dull

Anachronism
Does your proposed forum really need anonymous posting? If you've determined it's a must have at startup, what is the issue with using the XF addon? It seems like that would be the simple solution to your dilemma.

Lewis3262

Aspirant
Does your proposed forum really need anonymous posting? If you've determined it's a must have at startup, what is the issue with using the XF addon? It seems like that would be the simple solution to your dilemma.

Yes, it really does need anonymous posting, as the nature of my forum may include sensitive topics that people may not otherwise post about if they weren't anonymous, and as it isn't open signup, people can't sign up for throwaway accounts like they can on reddit. I have to have full confidence in the anonymous posting functionality.

I'm hesitant to use the addon as:
  1. It appears I cannot control anonymous posting by group
  2. The addon isn't updated too often, and could be abandoned at any time
  3. Concerns that if a XenForo update breaks the plugin, then usernames could be exposed
  4. It appears that if you hide the random ID, that you cannot identify the user easily unlike in IPS
  5. Without being a dev myself, I cannot confirm the plugin is secure - I can trust a native feature more
  6. No reviews on the plugin and doesn't appear that there's an adequate refund policy either

Tracy Perry

Opinionated asshat
Sounds like you answered your own question then... of the two, only one currently fits the bill.
You could always engage a developer to create you an add-on that does prefixes for IPS like XF does. Those 3rd party developers with IPS are MORE than happy to take your money.. that's why you see many add-ons over there that go for $5-$10 with free equivalents on XF, or did in the past, I quit using IPS after their recent "improvements" so I haven't kept up as closely.
Then, since you engaged the developer to create YOU and add-on, you could theoretically sell it over there and recoup some of your expenses.. of course, you WOULD have to either maintain that add-on yourself or pay the original developer to do it.

Lewis3262

Aspirant
Sounds like you answered your own question then... of the two, only one currently fits the bill.
You could always engage a developer to create you an add-on that does prefixes for IPS like XF does. Those 3rd party developers with IPS are MORE than happy to take your money.. that's why you see many add-ons over there that go for $5-$10 with free equivalents on XF, or did in the past, I quit using IPS after their recent "improvements" so I haven't kept up as closely.
Then, since you engaged the developer to create YOU and add-on, you could theoretically sell it over there and recoup some of your expenses.. of course, you WOULD have to either maintain that add-on yourself or pay the original developer to do it.
That isn't really a solution though. They may be happy to take my money, but beyond the cost of the software, I don't have the money to spend on those developers, which could cost hundreds or thousands, and I'll be too busy afterwards with the forum to think about selling the addons on further, which ultimately I could not support anyway. Even then, with such a critical and sensitive plugin, and not being a developer myself, I still have no way to be absolutely sure that the plugin is safe, just like the one on the store.

At the moment it seems like my only option outside of that, is to wait for Invision to implement better prefixes and custom fields, which I can't see them doing both any time soon, or to wait for XenForo to implement anonymous posting, but judging by the censorship against my sales question about it, that doesn't seem likely either.

Nev_Dull

Anachronism
I'm hesitant to use the addon as:
  1. It appears I cannot control anonymous posting by group
  2. The addon isn't updated too often, and could be abandoned at any time
  3. Concerns that if a XenForo update breaks the plugin, then usernames could be exposed
  4. It appears that if you hide the random ID, that you cannot identify the user easily unlike in IPS
  5. Without being a dev myself, I cannot confirm the plugin is secure - I can trust a native feature more
  6. No reviews on the plugin and doesn't appear that there's an adequate refund policy either
Fair points.

Some things to consider:
  1. Have you contacted the developer to see it this is something he/she is or would consider adding?
  2. Not being updated often isn't bad. It could mean the addon works well without needing a lot of attention. And sure, any addon could be abandoned. But Xenforo could shut down too. Or your forum could fail for any number of reasons. When you let decisions be overly influenced by speculation, you rarely ever get anything done.
  3. That is a valid concern. It's why you should always test every update on a local copy of the software before committing it to production.
  4. Isn't that the desired outcome of anonymous posting?
  5. While that sounds reasonable, it really isn't. We've all seen far too many "native" features of software (by companies with far more resources than both IPS and XF) exploited. Third party addons have proven themselves to be just as secure as first party ones.
  6. This might be a concern. Have you asked the developer about their policies? There's nothing wrong with also asking them for some background on their programming experience, either.
Whichever way you go, there's no guarantee an addon or core feature will work exactly the way you need it to. For a very specific use case, custom coding may be your only way.

By the way, SMF also supports anonymous posting, prefixes, and custom fields through addons.

FTL

Adherent
I get your dilemma.

When I was scoping out my forum project last year, one of my first tasks was to choose forum software. After deciding that none of the free options would cut it, I decided it would be either XenForo, Invision Community or vBulletin. After a week of evaluation, I was still stuck at three choices! This was because each of them had killer features that the others didn't, making for a rather frustrating dilemma. Never mind the fine details which could go on for several more paragraphs, but I eventually went for XenForo which works very well. One of the big reasons I didn't go for Invision was the cost. Even though I had an expired license for it bought from a friend years ago, it's still expensive to maintain that license at $150 every six months. It can be worth it though, if you're a business and want the extra features and monthly updates.

I know what you mean about XF censoring your posts, because that's exactly what they did to me recently - as a longtime paying customer no less - because I called them out on their forum support not matching their claims, ie just ignored my rather simple support questions while answering those from other customers. Therefore, they censored my posts and threatened me in order to maintain their narrative and they've never apologised for it. That's **** support flying in the face of their good reputation and I don't care if they see this on here and take offense. I've got the screenshots to prove it should I ever have to. Be ready for more of this if they can't be bothered to support you and you call them out on this. On the other hand, I had to use their private ticket support a couple of times in the beginning and I got very good customer support there, so I presume it's still good now.

Product development is glacial nowadays too, but it does work reliably and doesn't do anything stupid, which is worth a lot. Even vBulletin now updates the product faster than XF.

Now, despite all that, I'm not saying not to buy the product, but be aware of these issues as they're a significant black mark against them - I can't say what support for the other two products is like, but Invision has an updated version every month with new features and bug fixes which is excellent and how product development should be done.

As anonymous posting is critical for you and you quite rightly don't want to depend on a plug-in, then it looks like Invision is your only choice. I hope you have the money for it though, as it's really expensive. You can reduce the cost if you can live without some of the modules though. They're also leaning towards a cloud only service nowadays in a frank and honest post written by one of their founders which is much more expensive still, should you go with IC. They don't have a cutoff date for self-hosted, but it looks like it's coming in the not too distant future, so be prepared for this.

Do note that with anonymous posting, you'll get an awful lot of spammers trying it on and will be kept busy the whole time, even if anons are on post approval. Be prepared for this and willing to deal with it. I can't see many people wanting to take up moderation duties to help you out with this headache either, unless you pay them well.

Last edited:

Lewis3262

Aspirant
Fair points.

Some things to consider:
  1. Have you contacted the developer to see it this is something he/she is or would consider adding?
  2. Not being updated often isn't bad. It could mean the addon works well without needing a lot of attention. And sure, any addon could be abandoned. But Xenforo could shut down too. Or your forum could fail for any number of reasons. When you let decisions be overly influenced by speculation, you rarely ever get anything done.
  3. That is a valid concern. It's why you should always test every update on a local copy of the software before committing it to production.
  4. Isn't that the desired outcome of anonymous posting?
  5. While that sounds reasonable, it really isn't. We've all seen far too many "native" features of software (by companies with far more resources than both IPS and XF) exploited. Third party addons have proven themselves to be just as secure as first party ones.
  6. This might be a concern. Have you asked the developer about their policies? There's nothing wrong with also asking them for some background on their programming experience, either.
Whichever way you go, there's no guarantee an addon or core feature will work exactly the way you need it to. For a very specific use case, custom coding may be your only way.

By the way, SMF also supports anonymous posting, prefixes, and custom fields through addons.

Also some fair points. No I haven't contacted the developer, as it seems too annoying to do so, but I have found their own forum where there are plenty of comments about the plugin, which the developer has responded too. The forum also has other addons that are updated, so that's given me a bit more confidence for that specific developer. I suppose if XenForo offered the ability to trial a plugin in the demo, I'd be far more on board, but I know that is wishful thinking.

Sadly SMF is far too basic in other areas (which is fine as it is free) for me in this specific use case, but I can understand how it is still a compelling option for some, especially as the money saved could be used in custom development.

I get your dilemma.

When I was scoping out my forum project last year, one of my first tasks was to choose forum software. After deciding that none of the free options would cut it, I decided it would be either XenForo, Invision Community or vBulletin. After a week of evaluation, I was still stuck at three choices! This was because each of them had killer features that the others didn't, making for a rather frustrating dilemma. Never mind the fine details which could go on for several more paragraphs, but I eventually went for XenForo which works very well. One of the big reasons I didn't go for Invision was the cost. Even though I had an expired license for it bought from a friend years ago, it's still expensive to maintain that license at $150 every six months. It can be worth it though, if you're a business and want the extra features and monthly updates.

I know what you mean about XF censoring your posts, because that's exactly what they did to me recently - as a longtime paying customer no less - because I called them out on their forum support not matching their claims, ie just ignored my rather simple support questions while answering those from other customers. Therefore, they censored my posts and threatened me in order to maintain their narrative and they've never apologised for it. That's **** support flying in the face of their good reputation and I don't care if they see this on here and take offense. I've got the screenshots to prove it should I ever have to. Be ready for more of this if they can't be bothered to support you and you call them out on this.

Product development is glacial nowadays too, but it does work reliably and doesn't do anything stupid, which is worth a lot. Even vBulletin now updates the product faster than XF.

Now, despite all that, I'm not saying not to buy the product, but be aware of these issues as they're a significant black mark against them - I can't say what support for the other two products is like, but Invision has an updated version every month with new featurs and bug fixes which is excellent and how product development should be done.

As anonymous posting is critical for you and you quite rightly don't want to depend on a plug-in, then it looks like Invision is your only choice. I hope you have the money for it though, as it's really expensive. You can reduce the cost if you can live without some of the modules though. They're also leaning towards a cloud only service nowadays in a frank and honest post written by one of their founders which is much more expensive still, should you go with IC. They don't have a cutoff date for self-hosted, but it looks like it's coming in the not too distant future, so be prepared for this.

Do note that with anonymous posting, you'll get an awful lot of spammers trying it on and will be kept busy the whole time, even if anons are on post approval. Be prepared for this and willing to deal with it. I can't see many people wanting to take up moderation duties to help you out with this headache either, unless you pay them well.

I know I wouldn't be the only one but still nice to hear it! If only one of them would realise that they could make their product more competitive by including more of what their competion has! Yes I do see the cost difference, which for anyone reading, for Forums, Gallery and Resource Manager/Downloads, XenForo is $290 initially, and $95 12 months renewal, whereas Invision is $450 initially, and $70 6 months renewal.

They censored you too? Hot damn. For me, I asked about anonymous posting, which gained quite a lot of replies. When I made a large post replying to several comments, it was permanently hidden and never approved. I also commented in a previous feature request that someone had linked to and had issues there too. I almost want to avoid XenForo for being the most unethical in this regard. But equally I've made guest comments on Invision Community blogs that were never approved too.

I would love to consider vBulletin again but their admin panel is just cancerous to use.

Invision only offers 30 day support (which is pathetic for their price), but I did try a demo and almost every support request in their forum was answered by a team member, which is something. But I've read posts on this forum about them before with some serious concerns too.

I can see that they are leaning to the cloud as some of what they post about in their blog is cloud only, so I did get that impression. For the sake of longevity, I should probably avoid them. Sounds like that founder shot themselves in the foot a bit there, now they will have people avoiding them.

In my case I'm not too worried about spammers, but I can appriciate how it may be an issue for others. I just look at the amount of spam on reddit with throwaway accounts to know!

I'm still undecided but I am leaning towards XenForo, as at least with that anonymous post plugin, I will get all the features I desire, and ultimately at a much more affordable price. I would have to ignore the unethical pre-sales treatment though, which I will find difficult.

I'll be perfectly honest, if this wasn't a serious forum where I wouldn't be concerned about legal action, and I didn't need that plugin, I would totally just use a nulled copy as a massive middle finger to them.

FTL

Adherent
Lewis3262

Those Invision prices are a lot lower than the $850 / $150 I was thinking of. You're talking about only buying some of the modules, then?

I actually loved the vBulletin ACP - it gave me a real feeling of power and control! What did it in for me unfortunately was some stupid bug with templates at the time in the demo version screwing up the forum rendering that I couldn't fix without their tech support. This is on their demo product, so imagine that happening on my live system. They've had several releases since then, so perhaps this is fixed now, but I wouldn't bank on it.

On top of that, so many horror stories about their customer support nightmares, plus a video from a leading YouTuber (Louis Rossman, fixes Apple laptops and makes videos about them) about his cloud vB support nightmare. He made a video about that. Real shame as they've got a basic, but very good, article system which I really liked. The developer ecosystem is bad though, which isn't a good sign, either. Be prepared to use the product as is. It's been a long time now, so I would personally consider them again if I really wanted to move away from XF, which I don't at the moment.

Yes, I think it's 30 day ticket support for Invision, while it's the full year with XF, so one wonders what gives. However, their forum support seems pretty good and if one needs to talk about something confidential, they'll log a ticket for you, so it's doable, if slightly backwards. This wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me.

XF does seem to be the go-to forum software at the moment with the right blend of price, features and add-on support, despite some customer support issues. Most forums I see use it, including this one. I don't think you'll regret going XF. Certainly try their demo to get a feel for it. They've now extended it from a measly 3 days to a week.

Ultimately, no forum software has it all unfortunately, with a significant compromise having to be made somewhere. Shame the free ones are just too basic to satisfy my requirements.

Note that Invision doesn't have post numbers any more and the developers refuse to bring them back, even as an option. This bothers me greatly and may bother you too, so you should be aware of it.

I couldn't create this competition thread without them, for example. Feel free to join my forum if you like it. :)

I'll be perfectly honest, if this wasn't a serious forum where I wouldn't be concerned about legal action, and I didn't need that plugin, I would totally just use a nulled copy as a massive middle finger to them.
Oh, you naughty boy!! 🤣 I have to admit, I wouldn't personally go that far and don't encourage it, either.

Lewis3262

Aspirant
Lewis3262

Those Invision prices are a lot lower than the $850 / $150 I was thinking of. You're talking about only buying some of the modules, then?

I actually loved the vBulletin ACP - it gave me a real feeling of power and control! What did it in for me unfortunately was some stupid bug with templates at the time in the demo version screwing up the forum rendering that I couldn't fix without their tech support. This is on their demo product, so imagine that happening on my live system. They've had several releases since then, so perhaps this is fixed now, but I wouldn't bank on it.

On top of that, so many horror stories about their customer support nightmares, plus a video from a leading YouTuber (Louis Rossman, fixes Apple laptops and makes videos about them) about his cloud vB support nightmare. He made a video about that. Real shame as they've got a basic, but very good, article system which I really liked. The developer ecosystem is bad though, which isn't a good sign, either. Be prepared to use the product as-is. It's been a long time now, so I would personally consider them again if I really wanted to move away from XF, which I don't at the moment.

Yes, I think it's 30 day ticket support for Invision, while it's the full year with XF, so one wonders what gives. However, their forum support seems pretty good and if one needs to talk about something confidential, they'll log a ticket for you, so it's doable, if slightly backwards. This wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me.

XF does seem to be the go-to forum software at the moment with the right blend of price, features and add-on support, despite some customer support issues. Most forums I see use it, including this one. I don't think you'll regret going XF. Certainly try their demo to get a feel for it. They've now extended it from a measly 3 days to a week.

Ultimately, no forum software has it all unfortunately, with a significant compromise having to be made somewhere. Shame the free ones are just too basic to satisfy my requirements.

Note that Invision doesn't have post numbers any more and the developers refuse to bring them back, even as an option. This bothers me greatly and may bother you too, so you should be aware of it.

I couldn't create this competition thread without them, for example. Feel free to join my forum if you like it. :)

Oh, you naughty boy!! 🤣 I have to admit, I wouldn't personally go that far and don't encourage it, either.

The prices I quoted are lower, but only because I wouldn't need all of the features. Even with all of them, the price is too steep, and the renewal isn't even annually. Blogs are useless to me (and you could just make a forum board act like a blog then add it to the menu...) for example.

You loved the vBulletin ACP? As much as I could see it was very powerful, I found it overwhelming and too complex. I'm not normally someone who gets annoyed with something too complex as I prefer control (hence never buying Apple products!), but vB really is just crammed a bit too much, and disorganised, for me personally. I can't vouch for it but they do offer a package with mobile apps which is interesting. Their pricing seems good but it isn't clear if there is a renewal fee - at least the other two make it clear. As for Louis Rossmann, who I am very familiar with... yeah, I'll continue to pass on vBulletin, but not like I was considering them anyway.

It really is a shame that other forum software just cannot complete. The closest for me has always been MyBB. For being free, it's very feature rich, had loads of plugins (when I used it many years ago), and decent community support too. I adored it. Even changing the theme, for a complete noob like me, was easy in their template editor. The admin panel was generally laid out well too. I would love nothing more than to continue using MyBB, and donating money to support them, but they've been talking about MyBB 2.0 for ages and yet still seems so far away. But if I ever needed a basic forum, MyBB will always still be my go-to.

What do you mean by post numbers? Because if you mean the literal numbering of each post starting at 1, then it doesn't bother me too much personally, as I can still right click and copy the link of where the "Posted XXXXXX" date is to get a link to that specific comment. I find them having a tags and prefixes system but implementing it so poorly to be more annoying to me. Want to prefix a thread? Well you have to add a tag first, and THEN pick the prefix from the tags, and this cannot be changed. Want a closed tag system on some boards, but open on others? No can do! Want to have specific prefixes for either groups or boards? Absolutely not. Useless.

Ah I see what you mean by post numbers now I went to your thread, yeah, not something I would need, however, I do agree that it's pathetic that Invision removed them and refuses to give them back. It should be an option. I googled it and see many feature requests on their forums about it, however I'll give credit to one of their team who mentioned moderator functions like deleting a post would either alter or put a gap in those numbers.

I'll join if you can rig the competition to me (jokes, but I'll consider joining a bit later :3) ;)

As for my cheeky comment, I wouldn't use a naughty copy on a serious site, for legality, ethical and security concerns, but any way to give a middle finger to a company that censors their current or future customers makes me happy, forums and otherwise!

• Informative
Reactions: FTL

FTL

Adherent
You loved the vBulletin ACP? As much as I could see it was very powerful, I found it overwhelming and too complex. I'm not normally someone who gets annoyed with something too complex as I prefer control (hence never buying Apple products!), but vB really is just crammed a bit too much, and disorganised, for me personally.
I know what you mean, it's not the easiest thing to navigate, but that flexibility is very important. Yes, it looks like there's no yearly renewal fee. Would be worth emailing them to double check if one were considering purchase. See screenshot below.

What do you mean by post numbers? Because if you mean the literal numbering of each post starting at 1, then it doesn't bother me too much personally, as I can still right click and copy the link of where the "Posted XXXXXX" date is to get a link to that specific comment.
Yes, that's it. That's the argument that Invision gave me when I raised the issue with them, but it doesn't wash, frankly. Yes, those things happen, but it should be up to the forum owner to decide what they want, not the developer's personal preferences. And yes, those things happen with XF numbering, but I don't see major problems anywhere. For me, it helps greatly to track posts as I'm browsing a thread, especially a long one spanning several pages, making it a right pita without them. Great if it doesn't bother you, though.

I'll join if you can rig the competition to me (jokes, but I'll consider joining a bit later :3) ;)
Thanks, would be great to have you. (Slips Lewis that bribe of a fiver he promised. :p )

1661293832945.png

FTL

Adherent
Lewis3262 btw, the upgrade system is dead easy to operate and works very well. Just make a backup of your forum, then hit upgrade from within the ACP and it does everything automatically and flawlessly, with no glitches afterwards. I think this level of slickness is worth good money, regardless of customer support issues. Note that I have very few add-ons though which could otherwise cause problems, so the product is almost stock.

Lewis3262

Aspirant
I know what you mean, it's not the easiest thing to navigate, but that flexibility is very important. Yes, it looks like there's no yearly renewal fee. Would be worth emailing them to double check if one were considering purchase. See screenshot below.

Yes, that's it. That's the argument that Invision gave me when I raised the issue with them, but it doesn't wash, frankly. Yes, those things happen, but it should be up to the forum owner to decide what they want, not the developer's personal preferences. And yes, those things happen with XF numbering, but I don't see major problems anywhere. For me, it helps greatly to track posts as I'm browsing a thread, especially a long one spanning several pages, making it a right pita without them. Great if it doesn't bother you, though.

I tried to do a trial but I get an AJAX call error. Tried different browsers. Not sure I can be bothered to contact them if they can't even keep their trial working. I don't expect the admin panel to have changed anyway and I have the feeling I'll still hate it anyway. Meh, maybe another day.

And I agree with you about Invision, it absolutely should be the forum owner choice. And I feel the expected behaviour should be just to skip the number (e.g. if a post 3 is deleted, then posts just go 1, 2, then 4), but equally they could put in a choice for the admin to choose to skip, or regenerate numbers without gaps (without breaking any permalinks behind, which could be random ID's for all I care). It doesn't bother me but it still should be there.

Well, anyway, given all that's gone on in this thread, I think I have some more clarity that I should be leaning towards XF, despite the ethical issues. I'll think on it but I certainly feel less confused, so thanks to you and the other replies for the discussion points you've made

Reactions: FTL

FTL

Adherent
I tried to do a trial but I get an AJAX call error. Tried different browsers. Not sure I can be bothered to contact them if they can't even keep their trial working. I don't expect the admin panel to have changed anyway and I have the feeling I'll still hate it anyway. Meh, maybe another day.
OMG that's even worse! We're talking about the vB demo?! I wouldn't bother contacting their support if something so basic on the demo is broken. Can't believe it and I thought that template issue from 18 months ago was bad enough.

And I agree with you about Invision, it absolutely should be the forum owner choice. And I feel the expected behaviour should be just to skip the number (e.g. if a post 3 is deleted, then posts just go 1, 2, then 4), but equally they could put in a choice for the admin to choose to skip, or regenerate numbers without gaps (without breaking any permalinks behind, which could be random ID's for all I care). It doesn't bother me but it still should be there.
On XF, it renumbers the posts, but the old link still works, eg linking to post 4, then deleting post 2 so that 4 becomes 3 still has the original working link. This is because the internal XF post numbers bear no relation to those shown against the post. Very clever. Just check it out on any post in this forum to see what I mean.

Glad to help. :)

Tracy Perry

Opinionated asshat
And you weren't
Generally when you hear that kind of crap being spewed...the spewee isn't being entirely truthful. The "poor wittle me" routine is fairly obvious. There is generally some underlying behavior that they will never tell you about...
I've seen that here several times, recently with poster that was whining about being banned over there but never willing to acknowledge his "name" over there.. guess he was to afraid that actual investigation would show that he was blowing smoke.

In all of my almost 10 years with XF I have never seen or heard of an unjust censorship or banning. It's good to see Slavik's post that adds clarity to the false accusations.

StateDOG

New Beginnings...
One of the big reasons I didn't go for Invision was the cost. Even though I had an expired license for it bought from a friend years ago, it's still expensive to maintain that license at $150 every six months. It can be worth it though, if you're a business and want the extra features and monthly updates.
For the forums only I believe the cost of renewal is $40 which lasts for six months. But you don't have to renew.... but can keep using your forum software. But you're unable to download any updates/patches/etc.

Or that's how it was last I knew. 🤷‍♂️

FTL

Adherent
For the forums only I believe the cost of renewal is $40 which lasts for six months. But you don't have to renew.... but can keep using your forum software. But you're unable to download any updates/patches/etc.

Or that's how it was last I knew. 🤷‍♂️
Yes, that's right. It's a really bad idea to do that on a live system though.