Invision Community + Zapier (over 2000 web apps!)

Matt M

Director Development at Invision Community

Ingenious

Fan
This looks hugely interesting. Sorry if this is mentioned (I did a speed read) but can this be used to trigger an event specific to a user which they can set the conditions for or switch on/off? I'm angling here for notifications for members via apps like Pushover, which is a supported Zapier app, if they have a new PM or a new forum notification (on my Xenforo we use a Pushover addon but it's not available for v2.x).

Matt M

This looks hugely interesting. Sorry if this is mentioned (I did a speed read) but can this be used to trigger an event specific to a user which they can set the conditions for or switch on/off? I'm angling here for notifications for members via apps like Pushover, which is a supported Zapier app, if they have a new PM or a new forum notification (on my Xenforo we use a Pushover addon but it's not available for v2.x).
Great idea. Right now, its not filterable to a single user - it's an all or nothing right now but we plan to develop it further in the future.

sbjsbj

Fan
This is huge if I understood it correctly. Exactly one of my dreams.

1586189547204.png

Congratulations! This is the right step in making forums popular by integrating them to other popular stuff.

R0binHood

Habitué
This sounds great, and it something that was mentioned on XF.com 7 years ago (and the co founder of Zapier even commented on the thread)

But reading the post a bit more thoroughly is seems this won’t work on self hosted instances?

Does this mean for it to ever work on a self hosted forum that community would need its own node.js Zapier app unique to that forum submitted and approved by Zapier?

tony45

Enthusiast
But reading the post a bit more thoroughly is seems this won’t work on self hosted instances?
Only in this beta stage

"Yes, once the beta process has finished, we are looking to bring this to downloadable/on-premises licenses."

Matt M

Yes, we will be bringing Zapier to downloadable licenses.

No, you just re-use our app. You don't need to create your own app at all.

JoyFreak1

Participant
It would be amazing if they could add this to XenForo. I think it will make our life as webmasters a lot easier.

R0binHood

Habitué
Have you got a list of all the triggers and actions you plan to launch with?

DanielF

Participant
Have you got a list of all the triggers and actions you plan to launch with?
Quote from the blog entry;):
  • What integrations are available?
    In the beta launching with Invision Community 4.5, Zapier will be able receive a trigger when a member account or content (forum post, gallery image, etc.) is created and send actions to create the same. More triggers and actions will be added over time.

R0binHood

Habitué
A suggestion would be to add the ability to create user accounts and also add or remove people from usergroups.

Then you could link it with other paid membership management solutions to manage their forum registration and permissions.

As an example, this fitness software can manage company memberships, bookings, and payments. It already has the following triggers:

1588067177925.png

If you could link that with a community, you could automatically grant new customers access to your community without them having to sign up twice, and also grant them the right usergroup permissions based on their paid membership.

DanielF

Participant
A suggestion would be to add the ability to create user accounts and also add or remove people from usergroups.
There's already a trigger when a member is created, and also actions to create or edit members so AFAIK this should be already possible.