Invision Community 4.6.10 is out

• Thread starter Deleted member 3691
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3691

Hey all,

I'm just stopping by to bring you some updates from January.

First off, Invision Community 4.6.10 has been released and we're moving back into our monthly release schedule now we're past the Christmas holidays. This release adds support for IndexNow and introduces new webhooks.

We've given our developers portal a little spruce up with a new blog section. DanielF wrote about the new web hooks in his first developer's blog: https://invisioncommunity.com/developers/devblog/blog/introducing-webhooks-r1/

Elsewhere, we launched a theme service and Daniel and Jordan put together a video on some of the different integration options Invision Community has, shot and recorded at Invision Community HQ in the US.

Daniel also released an update to our Zapier app which offers lots more options when integrating with other services.

Oh, and if you missed it, Jordan wrapped up 2021 in a blog post which rounds up some key stats from our community.

It's been a busy year already, and we are currently writing some pretty cool new features for 2022.

Chris

Administrator
Congrats on the latest release Matt M and team. Always excited to see what changes IPB is bringing.

I really dig the old wooden floors in that shot. Looks like they have seen some use. Is that like a repurposed factory etc?

D

Deleted member 3691

Congrats on the latest release Matt M and team. Always excited to see what changes IPB is bringing.

I really dig the old wooden floors in that shot. Looks like they have seen some use. Is that like a repurposed factory etc?
Thanks Chris!

D

Deleted member 3691

The building dates back to the early 1900s and was originally a shoe factory.

craigForo

Enthusiast
Oh, and if you missed it, Jordan wrapped up 2021 in a blog post which rounds up some key stats from our community.
Smoke and mirrors. The first comment after this article says it all. Then again we’re all entitled to our opinions. You lost at least one customer in 2021, not that it will shutter your doors.

Pete

Flavours of Forums Forever
Lies, damn lies and statistics. You can easily present any statistics to mean almost anything.

Yes, I think there is some context that is relevant but missing from the article which could have been spun as a positive rather than a negative.

D

Deleted member 3691

Smoke and mirrors. The first comment after this article says it all. Then again we’re all entitled to our opinions. You lost at least one customer in 2021, not that it will shutter your doors.
Appreciate the feedback.

D

Deleted member 3691

Lies, damn lies and statistics. You can easily present any statistics to mean almost anything.

Yes, I think there is some context that is relevant but missing from the article which could have been spun as a positive rather than a negative.
The article wasn't meant to spin anything, it was just celebrating another year in our community.

With all the changes over the year why have you never added sticky menus to the top of your pages? It's a real pain working through pages and having to scroll back to the top or bottom to access the menu.

Pete

Flavours of Forums Forever
The article wasn't meant to spin anything, it was just celebrating another year in our community.
While I take your point, it is still spinning a story. The numbers are being used to tell a story of how much interaction and engagement there is, and without context it is a very positive story. But the context is nuanced.

Deathstarr

Forum Owner
Congrats Invision on a great year. I see some people taking the members and new post in a negative way. The shut down of the ticket support and more use for the community forums is a great way to engage the members across the forum and it works and has for years. I am glad to see if just because it becomes a large FAQ if people use to search it also displays to use of the software.

I dont use IC or IPB and full on Xenforo fan but I see you over there IC. Your taking your software in a different direction then it has been in the past and maybe people want it to be the same software as it has always been a forum software and your moving it to a complete community software. Keep doing what your doing and it will work out.

D

Deleted member 3691

Congrats Invision on a great year. I see some people taking the members and new post in a negative way. The shut down of the ticket support and more use for the community forums is a great way to engage the members across the forum and it works and has for years. I am glad to see if just because it becomes a large FAQ if people use to search it also displays to use of the software.

I dont use IC or IPB and full on Xenforo fan but I see you over there IC. Your taking your software in a different direction then it has been in the past and maybe people want it to be the same software as it has always been a forum software and your moving it to a complete community software. Keep doing what your doing and it will work out.
Much appreciated, thank you. Any change can be painful, but without it we fail to grow.

And I completely forgive you for Alderaan.

D

Deleted member 3691

Why stuck on electrics? Acoustics are where it's at! Especially a really nice 12 string. Like a Martin HD12-28 or a nice Takamine EF391DX or a Taylor 652ce. I'm really partial to the Takamine 12 as I love the sound from the Eagles Hotel California.
The strings make my fingers hurt.

Slinky gauge 9s all the way.