Invision charges a renewal fee every 6 months?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete

Flavours of Forums Forever
I cant help you with your sexual orientation but regardless follow my previous advice.

What if we don't like your previous advice? :p Are you saying that you're allowed to have opinions and we're not? Just so I'm clear here.

Personally I'm also fairly entertained by this thread.

Pete

Better question: why would sexual orientation even be a problem that needs help? Live and let live, right?

NYCGuy76 Cuteness aside ?
I have yet to see any proof/evidence in the past 5 pages of posts that Invision has been deliberately involved in any illegal activities to steal from customers. What I've read to date is peoples personal opinions of dislike towards their business policies which are pretty much standard marketing. The choice of course is in the hands of the buyer. If you don't have a problem, you go in with eyes open and buy according to their policy (which are subject to change when they see fit) or you walk on by and look at other alternatives.
I don't yet have business with Invision but I don't have issues with how they do business either.

NYCGuy76

Fanatic
What if we don't like your previous advice? :p Are you saying that you're allowed to have opinions and we're not? Just so I'm clear here.

Personally I'm also fairly entertained by this thread.
Well he did call me cute so touché. You’re right. It’s his opinion. So I guess you’re right but still I can’t help him he finds me cute. It’s his sexual orientation. All power to him.

NYCGuy76

Fanatic
NYCGuy76 Cuteness aside ?
I have yet to see any proof/evidence in the past 5 pages of posts that Invision has been deliberately involved in any illegal activities to steal from customers. What I've read to date is peoples personal opinions of dislike towards their business policies which are pretty much standard marketing. The choice of course is in the hands of the buyer. If you don't have a problem, you go in with eyes open and buy according to their policy (which are subject to change when they see fit) or you walk on by and look at other alternatives.
I don't yet have business with Invision but I don't have issues with how they do business either.
I never accused them of stealing anything. If I said that please do bring that to my attention. All I said is that paying 500 to remove a branding fee is ridiculous. If anything especially towards busy forums IPS should be paying then for advertising their company on the bottom. Whether there’s a no follow or what not.

—————-

On a side note for you and Pete. No hard feelings. I’m very sarcastic and as you could see my replies could me comical. If I came across as d%#k I apologize.

Pete

No hard feelings. I’m very sarcastic and as you could see my replies could me comical.
None taken here :) We're all passionate about our communities in our own way and we have strong feelings about some of the things we deal with.

For my part I am always interested in why people have the views they have - and that I'd like people to own their views rather than pretend otherwise... like with the branding, there are other people who have less reasonable reasons why they want to hide it and won't admit to it.

For example I know a few site owners who lie to their communities that they built the forum software from scratch when it's really an off the shelf platform they've filed off the copyright in the footer and added a mildly custom theme to.

NYCGuy76

Fanatic
None taken here :) We're all passionate about our communities in our own way and we have strong feelings about some of the things we deal with.

For my part I am always interested in why people have the views they have - and that I'd like people to own their views rather than pretend otherwise... like with the branding, there are other people who have less reasonable reasons why they want to hide it and won't admit to it.

For example I know a few site owners who lie to their communities that they built the forum software from scratch when it's really an off the shelf platform they've filed off the copyright in the footer and added a mildly custom theme to.
Oh definitely when it comes to our communities except my beef here wasn't really directed at my community. Someone else decided to bring that into this discussion. For me it's all about that little branding link on the bottom lol.

Pete

Well, it’s about the choice whether you promote the IPS brand on your community or not and the wider question of how that works.

Me personally I actually *tend* to leave them there as a sort of ”this is my choice, deal with it”.

NYCGuy76

Fanatic
Well, it’s about the choice whether you promote the IPS brand on your community or not and the wider question of how that works.

Me personally I actually *tend* to leave them there as a sort of ”this is my choice, deal with it”.
Well I'm going to have be stuck using it for now because I'm not ditching out 500 for it. If in the future my forums take off and get busy then maybe I'll consider paying for it.

snerd

Aspirant
Well I was certainly glad to see this thread still going this morning. Very entertaining lol!! And all's well that ends well....group hug!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.