Interview with Rikki Tissier

• Admin

The Sandman

Administrator
The Sandman submitted a new Article:

Interview with Rikki Tissier

Rikki Tissier has been affiliated with the Invision Community for as long as there has been an Invision Community. Currently, he is (among other things) an IPS Forum Administrator and the developer of Vectura, IPS's soon to be released standalone webmail system. Rikki not only agreed very graciously to do this interview, but despite his busy schedule he managed to complete the questions in a matter of only a couple of hours. :eek: I guess that's no big thing for someone with 17,500 posts on the Invision Community Forums...

==================================

Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

I'm 22, and live in Essex, UK. I have a wonderful fiancée Bec, who I have been engaged to for nearly 4 years, and we've been together for 5 years. We don't live together yet, but close enough that it's only a few minutes travelling. I've lived in this area my whole life so I don't know any different, but I like the town I'm in.

As well as IPS work, I'm also an animation student at http://www.animationmentor.com working towards an "Advanced diploma in character animation". I'll finish that in Sept 2006 - an 18 month course in total!

What is your educational background?

I did my GCSE's and A-Levels at the same school/6th form and got fairly good results (except for economics... long story!). Those grades allowed me to go onto university at APU in Essex where I studied Multimedia Systems. That basically covered everything from web design, flash, programming, animation, sound & video editing and lots more! I graduated last April (2004) with a first class honours degree, an achievement I'm really proud of!

How did you become involved with IPB and how did you come to be on the IPS staff?

Way back when, I used to run a site with an old friend. At the time, Matt had released ikonboard 2 and had started ikonboard 3, but this is prior to JEG. We decided we wanted a forum for our site, so the other guy looked at a few and decided to install ikonboard.

A while later, we were looking for someone to write a small PHP script for us, and Stephen Ball (the IPFM guy) agreed to do it. For some reason or other I needed to talk to him about it, so I signed up on the ikonboard forum to send him a PM... and then got hooked.

Along with John Doyle, we had the idea of creating a site for ikonboard 3 that kept a database of skins available. Other sites existed that posted some skins in a forum, but we wanted...
Read more about this article here...

Last edited by a moderator:

Automatic

Aspirant
Hi rikki, This post is several years old now. How has your perception changed after re-reading your post? Are you still in the states? Good luck with your animation career if you continued with it that is. :)