Interview With Jonathan Wainwright (AKA Waindigo)

The Sandman

Tazmanian Addict
The Sandman submitted a new Article:

Interview With Jonathan Wainwright (AKA Waindigo)

Can you give us a brief biography?

I’m Jonathan Wainwright, owner and founder of Waindigo, a company that develops add-ons for XenForo.

How is life in Maidenhead?

Maidenhead is great. It is a town to the west of London, so I am about 10-15 miles away from Reading, where XenForo is based, and about the same distance from London.

What is your educational background?

I grew up in Rothley, Leicestershire (not far from where Chris Deeming lives). Later, I studied Mathematics at the University of York. I then returned to the University of York to study IT in 2010, and immediately after that I set up Waindigo.

Tell us about your faith and how it impacts your business and your life in general.

I have always believed in God, but never really understood the implications of that until about 8 months ago after I locked myself out of my office on a Saturday night. Having nothing else to do the next day, I suddenly felt the urge to pray for a friend who was in hospital and found myself at a church in the centre of Maidenhead that I didn’t even know existed before then. Over the months that followed, I filled in the gaps in my knowledge about how God sent Jesus to earth to take the punishment I deserve for rejecting God in my life.

I have done a lot of things in my life that I am not proud of, particularly while I was struggling with all the pressures of the XenForo court case at the beginning of the year. But it is knowing now that God was in charge of my life and was getting ready to bring me back into a relationship with him that makes me love him now more than ever and makes me want to follow his will in every part of my life. I am still trying to work out what that means in business – obviously, I still need to pay the bills – and just because I’m a Christian, doesn’t mean I won’t still make mistakes.

What is your full time occupation now, and what was it previously?

I now work full-time as a XenForo developer. When I left university, my first job was a training contract with an accounting firm. After nearly 3 years, things got a bit messy and I was threatened with legal action over some software that I had written that the company decided they owned. I had already decided that I wanted to do something more IT-based, so I left and went back to university. After a year at university, I applied for another accounting company in an IT role, but just before I was due to start the job they received a devastating...

Read more about this article here...

Last edited by a moderator:

Daiblodes

Aspirant
Very nice to learn about him. Of course I have an add-on from him installed at my forum. Thank you!