Interview with Jaxel - XenPorta Creator

Jake

Developer
For starters, comparing a 10-20 dollar product to $5K is not the same situation. That's hyperbole

I'm sorry, but no custom add-on I have made has been billed for $10-20.

Secondly, it is not the same thing. Why? I can drive to the pizza place, see my pizza and other foods the place is making.

Sure, you can also look at all the other add-ons Jaxel made in the past.

In the end, the customers paid for a product that they brought SIGHT UNSEEN with no proof of it existing or ever coming in the first place. So no, not the same thing at all.

See my example of custom add-on development.

No not at all. First of all, I gave my opinion on the situation. I don't think i told people they shouldn't feel the way they do.

Seriously? Do you want me to go through this thread to find examples of this? Most of which are directed at Sheldon

I did say that if you have not actually LOST ANYTHING in this situation, you have no real reason to start throwing stones at a man who did not actually directly affect you.

Okay, you're throwing a lot of stones at a lot of people that did not actually directly affect you.

Example: ATT wireless owes their customers millions of dollars due to overcharging them and charging them things that they weren't supposed to be charged.

Should I as a VERIZON WIRELESS customer start throwing stones at Att for overcharging and possibly scamming their customers just because I know some people who have Att and are affected? No.

Okay. not quite sure what you're getting at with this one, since that $5k he took wasn't overcharging, it was taking money for something that he said he would make and then didn't make.

Let's not forget this whole thing started because I asked my new best friend Daniel Hood about his original comment and it spiraled from there lol. I never said you were wrong for having the opinions you have.

You have called every one of us wrong for having an opinion different than yours.

I said i don;t think it is right that people who have not been affected by this man have no real right(As S molinari and Daniel both tried to claim) to jump in because "it might affect their efforts in the future."

This has had no affect on you, but you jumped in.

Moral of the story:

51046870.jpg

Daniel Hood

XenForo Add-On Developer
Damn man. I was trying to be nice this time instead of continuing this stupid ass argument but dude you really need to let it go.

You just keep repeating yourself. Nobody cared the first time you said it, nobody cares now. Just sttooooooppppp.

Daniel Hood

XenForo Add-On Developer
Damn man. I was trying to be nice this time instead of continuing this stupid ass argument but dude you really need to let it go.

You just keep repeating yourself. Nobody cared the first time you said it, nobody cares now. Just sttooooooppppp.
Just thought about it. You're about to post 7 paraparagraphs saying obviously we cared otherwise we wouldn't have responded so I'll just clarify what I meant now instead; the several times you've repeated yourself have changed nobody's opinion because your arguments are flawed and your opinion is dumb.

Daniel Hood

XenForo Add-On Developer
I have a room. I'm actually in it right now. Sure would suck to be sitting outside, it's hardcore raining right now :whistle:
I have a few rooms and a girl.. ;)

*new readers can read a few pages back to find the humor :)

Scorpio Guy

Enthusiast
My question is this now....

If Legal action is impossible or hard, then what exactly do people hope to gain from this thread? If i am repeating myself(which i agree, I feel like some people are missing something and I am trying to help them understand, unfortunately that is impossible with stubborn and close minded types) then what exactly is being gained from repeating your own selves lol.

It's becoming a bash thread.
You have called every one of us wrong for having an opinion different than yours.

I didn't say you were wrong for having an opinion different mine. I ACCEPT your opinion. Perhaps you should mine.

I do think it is wrong to start speculating, starting rumors, assuming, guessing, slinging mud about what he did or did not do with the money, Unable to obviously read sarcasm in the man's post about what he did with the money and then making excuses about why nobody is pursuing legal action.
Okay. not quite sure what you're getting at with this one, since that $5k he took wasn't overcharging, it was taking money for something that he said he would make and then didn't make.

It was an example. Much like your Pizza vs a 5,000 custom add-on thread.

Point is, my friends lost money by being duped by a company. So i suddenly have a right to get pissed with THEIR COMPANY because my own wireless company may one day to the same thing to me? :D
Okay, you're throwing a lot of stones at a lot of people that did not actually directly affect you.
Actually, I simply said that if you have not lost anything...stop making OTHERS situations about yourself and trying to somehow make others loss about yourself, which is what several others have said :D
Seriously? Do you want me to go through this thread to find examples of this? Most of which are directed at Sheldon

Actually most of my posts were directed at Daniel. I don't think i really focused on Sheldon that much. Feel free to go back through the thread, I think it was Daniel not sheldon :)
You just keep repeating yourself. Nobody cared the first time you said it, nobody cares now. Just sttooooooppppp
I won't post 7 paragraphs :D Though i find it funny you claim not to care yet you and your group felt the need to keep constantly going back and forth with me. Seems pointless for not caring, eh? :)

Yes my opinion is "Flawed" because I don't agree with you. Excellent way to discuss/argue something. Next time I get into an argument, I'll use that "your argument is flawed" argument.

The way i see it, I have my own opinion and you have yours. It's not flawed...we just view the situations differently :p

you feel you have a right to jump into a situation you haven't actually lost anything from and try and claim to be a victim about what this would do to your business or others who wished to crowdfund in the future(woe is me) and I felt the right to speak up about how i didn't think it was fair to throw stones at a man that hadn't wronged you :)

Daniel Hood

XenForo Add-On Developer
Next time I get into an argument, I'll use that "your argument is flawed" argument.

Yes... next time...

Yes, let's not get the attention of Jaxel and ignore someone pointing out flaws in your statement.

because I found a flaw in something you and another user said

It was an example, using your flawed logic

By the way what happened to this not being an argument?

In fact, sir, i was not arguing at all.

51046870-jpg.29403

Scorpio Guy

Enthusiast
By the way what happened to this not being an argument?
My intent never was to argue. I wasn't aware that giving my opinion would trip into such a live wire thing. It started with a question to you and from there escalated.

*shrug*
I still don't consider this an argument and I'd hope we wouldn't be arguing over something that really does affect neither of us :D
Disagreeing or Debating is what i'd prefer to classify it as.

I just want to get my Drama Queen rating to 100 before month end since you guys seem to love hitting that button with me :)
though in truth as I said above, this situation has really nothing to do with YOU or anyone else who has lost money on this gentleman. AS well as myself of course :) I do feel a bit bad, that my opinions has taken away from the focus of those individuals as I don't have any real issue with the two fo you(or any of the others who disagree with me) :D

But as I asked before and got answered

1. Nobody actually knows WHAT he did with the money, he never admitted or has actually proven to scam anyone....so you're just speculating and speaking the truth.

Glad I got that clarified.

2. The man still has another deadline(his final one) that he has to meet...Meaning, slim as it may be, there is still time for a product or beta to surface. How likely? Idk

3. When asked when Xenforo hasn't done anything, it's because he didn't scam Xenforo...which is true but if they believe as you all do this man is a danger to the community, then why not remove him entirely?

Still not got clarification on this.

4. You won't pursue legal action because of this reason or that reason. So posting in this thread with the same redundant retorts but no plan of action to do anything BUT make the same retorts is all you all plan to do.

Okay, I understand now perfectly :)

Daniel Hood

XenForo Add-On Developer
I just want to get my Drama Queen rating to 100 before month end since you guys seem to love hitting that button with me :)
This is the first time I'm pressing it on one of your posts and it's just cause you asked. I really want you to reach your goals and be happy.

Daniel Hood

XenForo Add-On Developer
It started with a question to you and from there escalated.

We've already done this song and dance. This is why I stopped responding to you a few pages ago until you tagged me tonight. Now at this point, if you can't tell, I'm past the arguing stage and onto strictly trolling you. I haven't even read a full post of yours in a while, I just glance and respond to the words that get my attention first. Feel free to continue posting and I'll continue to quote sentences from posts days ago which already answer you and/or show how you contradict yourself.

Actually, for right now, I'm going to go to bed. Come up with something clever for me to ignore in the morning.

[Edit] Removed a couple jokes I'm tired of making at this point.

Scorpio Guy

Enthusiast
This is why I stopped responding to you a few pages ago until you tagged me tonight. Now at this point, if you can't tell, I'm past the arguing stage and onto strictly trolling y
Then i guess we have something in common as that is the same way with me :)

See. Best friends :p

IcEWoLF

Habitué
I highly doubt I will touch any of his addons...I like XenPorta but the support has been lame to say the least, and if he expects to charge for his addons then he better be providing good support...its sad that he looks down at people that barely know coding. A customer is a customer, no matter how noob he is, they should get proper support. If he can't do that then he should stop making addons.