Interview with Francisco Burzi of PHP-Nuke

Mythotical

Habitué
Mythotical submitted a new Article:

Interview with Francisco Burzi of PHP-Nuke

I would like to thank Francisco Burzi for taking the time out of your busy day and schedule to do this interview. The public now has alot of info on you and the reason for PHP Nuke. Keep up the good work and once again thank you.

1. Will you be so kind to give us a brief bio? Who is Francisco Burzi?

I was born in Quebec, Canada in 1969 but I'm an Italian citizen thanks to my parents and I have lived in Venezuela all my life.

When I was 14 years old, my father bought me my first computer, an Epson Abacus... since then I got very curious to know how people do certain things. I coded some very simple applications and games in GW-Basic. Alot of years after that I moved with my family to San Cristobal, a mid-size city here in Venezuela. Here I had a computer shop where I got the local distribution of Canon, DTK and Data General system.

When I closed the shop I dedicated myself to create an ISP for scientific use. Because I had a dedicated connection to my house, I also started a news site about Linux called Linux Preview. While maintaining Linux Preview I created PHP-Nuke and since that day my life changed and now it's my full time job.

2. What education do you currently possess?

I concluded the school and basicaly I'm bachelor. I did some studies of IT, graphic design, marketing and hotel profession, but never concluded them.
I worked in some advertising agencies for a while.

3. What got you interested in software development?

My first computer was the first look I had to software development, even if I never created anything useful on it, but I played a little with some code listing found on magazines.

The "real" interest was born when I had a BBS and no software, so I created some little applications in gw-basic and assembler to fill the BBS software archive section.

4. How do you relax after a hard, long day of working on the next release of PHP Nuke?

In many ways, but basicaly having some drinks, playing on my xbox or just by listening to some music or watching movies.

5. What is your favorite movie, game, book?

My favorite movie is The Lord of the Rings Trilogy.
Favorite TV Series: La Femme Nikita
Favorite Music: Kitaro
My favorite games are Command and Conquer and FIFA soccer
I don't read many books, but if I should mention one it's the Holy Bible.

6. What was...
Read more about this article here...

Last edited by a moderator: