Interview with Effie "Loy" Rover of RPGGateway

Mythotical

Habitué
Mythotical submitted a new Article:

Interview with Effie "Loy" Rover of RPGGateway

Effie "Loy" Rover, the owner/operator of the RPG Gateway, was very pleased to take time out of her busy schedule to answer some questions for The Admin Zone Article Contest. Since she's currently working very hard on her coding of the Gateway and the RPG Nexus, the center of all of Effie's sites, this was very gracious of her.

Her site is affiliated with RPG Host which I do believe they had asked her to take over the Gateway back when it was still growing. RPG Host is one of the fastest and biggest growing RPG community sites online.

1. Can you tell us a bit about yourself?

Hmmm. That's hard for me. I'm a wife, mother and web developer. I'm also a gamer, cyclist, camper, carpenter and general idea-person. I'm heavily involved with our church, my kids' schools and a local activist group. There's an old saying: "If you want something done, give it to a busy person." Yup.

2. What got you interested in the online community world?

When I first got online back in 1984, there were only text discussion groups, but you could get an answer to almost anything from people you hardly knew. I remember being in sci.space and discussing satellite launchings with folks who actually worked on the satellites, on the shuttles and at NASA. I remember getting instructions for successfully delivering email to Beijing before the student demonstrations made the news. I thought that was marvelous.

3. When your not online, how do you relax?

I love taking pictures, so I scrapbook and I show my photos in artwalks. I build things -- right now we're building a treehouse in a hundred-year-old walnut tree in our backyard. I play with the kids. Having them is like getting a license to have a second childhood. I get to race clouds, fingerpaint and build forts out of the couch cushions again.

4. Whats your favorite movies, games, books?

My all-time favorite movie is Man in the White Suit starring Alec Guinness. Everyone should see it at least once. My favorite comedy is Noises Off starring Michael Caine, Carol Burnett, John Ritter and a host of other semi-luminaries. I also tend to like stuff like Bob Roberts -- I shook my head all the way through it; that stuff is brilliant.

I like D&D, some d20...
Read more about this article here...

Last edited by a moderator: